• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] samsung galaxy s3 freezing

ok got the phone in hand now flashing 4.1.1 and hoping i manage to kill it

oh well i flashed 4.1.1 and the phone is refusing to boot now stuck on the samsung logo :(

ok did a factory reset and its sorted im now in 4.1.1 lets see if i can brick the phone

ok got the phone in hand now flashing 4.1.1 and hoping i manage to kill it

oh well i flashed 4.1.1 and the phone is refusing to boot now stuck on the samsung logo :(

ok did a factory reset and its sorted im now in 4.1.1 lets see if i can brick the phone

Lol i love this :)
Let us know when you'v killed the beast :beer:

i hate this damn phone when i want it to work it would keep freezing on me when im trying to kill it its working perfectly with no hangs nothing. i am very confused now on what to do wait on 4.1.1 for it to die completely or make do with the freezes and root and go back to neatrom or wanamlite. I have 4 months of warranty left on the phone and i am assuming in 4.1.2 the phone can never die due to sds right?

I was having random reboots/freezing after installing NeatRom lite 1.7. Not as bad as you seem to have but enough to try another rom. So i also tried Wanamlite and still the same.

I then went back to stock ELLA (UK), flashed in Odin, and although it was better I still had a one or two freezes a day.

A couple of days ago EMB1 was released in the Uk and I haven't had a single reboot/freeze since. Maybe worth a try

Im still running perfectly on neat rom (1.6). Honestly no freezes or anything so it must be the hardware.
Id look into a more direct way of sabotaging the phone mate. (Obv not the car battery lol) :)

i have been using 4.1.1 since about 2 days now and not a single freeze or crash. I dunno what they did the last time they took my phone but the issues seem to have gone away. I now have to decide whether to wait for a freeze and eventual death(can take upto a week from what i have read) or make do with a few freezes here and there and root my phone and go back to neatrom or wanam lite or omega. Cant decide what do u guys think?

Man i duno.
Dont like making decisions for people lol.
If it was me, i think id stay with 4.1.1 for another week as you say and if it doesnt freeze then try a 4.1.2 rom mate :)

Someone said something about messanger not workin (i use go sms anyway) is yours ok mate?
Whats the main differences/improvements from 4.1.2 on the s3?
Did you use Odin and did you lose Siyah?

everything is working great there a few improvements in 4.2.1 from what i have found there is an option to now add widgets directly to the lock screen so u could see ure sms and all without unlocking the phone. There is also a new option called day dream which would basically start up a slide show when u dock ure phone or connect it to a charger. Im sure there are many more changes but have not found them yet. Unfortunately salesale does not have a rom for 4.2.1 wanam and omega both have roms

omega
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=26325777&postcount=4

wanam
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1705866

Dont think any of the new things would affect me mate but ill have a search for what 4.2.1 has.
Do you do benchmark tests? If so, are there any performance improvements?
Ill probably wait on a Salesale's version as Neatrom is working so perfectly for me justnow :)
Does the leak have Photosphere btw? I have the nexus camera but havent played with that yet...

my phone has not frozen once on me yet but not sure if its related to the update or not. If you have warranty on the phone it might make sense to downgrade the firmware to 4.1.1 and let the phone die and get the mobo replaced. I have given my phone to samsung 3 times and the final time it came back it has not hung even once that was about 5 days ago.

i managed to open the youtube link but while playing the video it says broken there is however a change log below

Differences from Jellybean 4.1:
Lockscreen Widgets: Yes, they're present! You can unlock straight to camera!
Notification Drawer: It doesn't look like the fancy 4.2 notification drawer. The secondary notification menu icon does not give us 4.2-like quick settings. Instead, it just expands the icons we already have. Which means that the quick settings icons (Wifi, GPS, Bluetooth, etc.) do not scroll! Also, the whole thing now has a blue background. The date and time are differently positioned.
Gallery: The title bar when viewing pictures is transparent! Excellent!
Extra Applications: New Message shortcut in the app drawer, Jewish calender app, OfficeSuite, and Snap n Go.
Settings: Here are the new things in settings:
My Sound: Under the sound settings, we have My Sound. This used to be in the Phone settings before.
Daydream: Yes, we get Daydream!
Location Services: We have a new toggle for Access to my location, and a My Places option.
Lockscreen: The settings have been changed around and you can access your lockscreen widgets from here.
Language and Input: Driving Mode has been added here.
Cloud: The Cloud option makes its return.
Voice Command: A completely new option which helps you control the alarm, camera, music, radio, and calls. This used to be a part of S-Voice. You can tell that the ROM is incomplete because this doesn't have an icon.
About Device: The Status now tells you if your device is official or not.
RAM: Total available RAM is now 828MB.
Screen Timeout: The home button to wake-up is no longer tied to S-Voice!
One-finger expandable notifications: Yes, they're present now! To collapse, you have to swipe down a bit before swiping up.
App Permissions: The app permissions are cleaner and have the 4.2 style.
Smart Pause and Smart Scroll: These can be accessed by long pressing Smart Stay in the extended notification menu.
Minimize Animation: There's a new 4.2 Jellybean animation when you long press the home button whilst using an app. It looks really good!
Default App Selection Skip: When asked to open a file with a certain application, you can now double tap on any application to quickly open it instead of making it a default or opening it just once.

Same problem encountered with my S3, 1st batch.
Freeze up to 20 times per day.
Sent back to service centre. Within 3 days, mother board changed and now its running perfectly well like new phone. Currently no freeze for past 2 weeks.

Some forum suggest its eMMC problem which happens in 1st batch phone.
So sent them back immediately before your warranty void.

Back
Top Bottom