• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] siyah kernel dual boot question

silentwitness

Android Expert
hey guys i was just wondering if anyone knows if it would be possible to dual boot a 4.2.1 rom and a 4.1.2 rom with siyah kernel considering they both are jellybean. I remember reading it was not possible to dual boot an ICS and JB rom together so do u think it would be possible to do this? I am currently running 4.2.1 rom and have a few issues with it and would like to run 4.1.2 as well.

Does siyah work with stock 4.2? If it does then it probably would but I have a feeling it doesn't. Cm 4.2 is different to stock 4.2 so I don't think it will work on stock until the source codes get released. I'm pretty sure when 4.1 hit the siyah kernel that work on 4.1 cm didn't work on 4.1 stock until gm updated to Samsung source codes.

from what i have read up sammy 4.2 is not supported as of yet. But i read someone suggesting installing the main rom as 4.1.2 and secondary rom as 4.2.1 and they say it would work but it sounded very wrong to me so just thought i would check.

Back
Top Bottom