• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Iocean X7S Elite - Octa-core phone - mini review

batboy

Android Enthusiast
Nov 29, 2013
Hi :)

I have Iocean X7S Elite now several days and i must say that the phone is really great :)

Iocean X7S essential technical specs

MT6592 1.7GHz Octa-core cpu
Mali 450 gpu
2GB of Ram
16GB internal memory, upgradeable with micro sd up to 32gb
Screen: 5.0 inch big, 1920X1080 pixels FHD
Network: WCDMA+GSM
Band: 2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
3G: WCDMA 2100MHz/900MHz
Gesture control

Design of this phone is very good. phone looks really nice. it comes in two possible combinations. One is where this phone is totally black, while the other combination is where the phone is black and white. I have black and white combo :D Casing is made of good plastic.

on the front side is big 5 inch screen with resolution of 1920X1080 pixels FHD. in one word, screen is brilliant. below the screen are three capacitive buttons that unfortunately do not have lighting.

This is how looks:

As far as performance Iocean X7S is in the top. and to me that is not surprising given that this smartphone have MT6592 1.7GHz octa-core cpu, 2GB ram, Mali 450 gpu etc... this is win win combination :D

Iocean for example scored 27000 points in Antutu benchmark app. It is very impressive score for Chinese phone.

Below you can see the results from other testing also:

Previous devices with mediatek cpu had problems with GPS. For this reason I was skeptical how the GPS will work now. But, to my pleasant surprise GPS works great with no problems at all. Without wifi and network help and without adjustments, gps works super.

Here you can see how Iocean X7S Elite plays movie:

And here you can see how back camera records a video:

also turn on 1080p HD :D

You can also follow the news about Iocean on Facebook official page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Iocean-Mobile-Official/623321371081247

Thank you :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones