• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is Fitbit Premium worth it?

Rob

Galaxy S20 Ultra
News Moderator
Administrator
  • Mar 26, 2008
    androidforums.com
    The Pixel 8 and Pixel 8 Pro came with a few great promos:
    • 6 months of Google One
    • 3 months of YouTube Premium
    • 6 months of Fitbit Premium
    I got the Pixel Watch 2 so the Fitbit Premium concept intrigued me.

The subscription model is largely about "offer it free and hope they forget to cancel". If I don't cancel Fitbit Premium, it's about $100/year for something that's actually geared towards my health and wellness. So I'm giving it a shot.

Does anyone have Fitbit Premium that particularly loves it? Hates it? Suggests something else?

Now what I really need to do is sift through any other subscriptions to cancel! Netflix, Disney+, etc... I have too many for sure.

Reactions: ocnbrze and AugieTN
    This is a good question. I run (jog?) and I'm not entirely sure my Apple Watch 7 is accurate about mileage, and steps. What do you find is the most accurate workout watch (I'm not getting the ultra, so that's out of the question for me) Ty.

I use to use Google fit and I doubled checked mileage with my car and it was accurate.

googlefit.png

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    I sure hope so... I have Samsung Health and it doesn't track my sleep very well using my Galaxy Watch 5 Pro. It's also been known to track my walking - as I'm driving down the road at 45 MPH!

The Darling Bride has a Fitbit Charge 6 and doesn't like it at all: as soon as she picks it up off the nightstand in the morning, it's mysteriously logged 385 steps... and she hasn't touched the thing! The she walks 2 miles and it short-changes her steps. She's not impressed at all: which is a concern, because I plan on getting the Pixel Watch 3 when it launches this fall with Fitbit built into it.

Reactions: AugieTN
    Upvote 0
    I sure hope so... I have Samsung Health and it doesn't track my sleep very well using my Galaxy Watch 5 Pro. It's also been known to track my walking - as I'm driving down the road at 45 MPH!

The Darling Bride has a Fitbit Charge 6 and doesn't like it at all: as soon as she picks it up off the nightstand in the morning, it's mysteriously logged 385 steps... and she hasn't touched the thing! The she walks 2 miles and it short-changes her steps. She's not impressed at all: which is a concern, because I plan on getting the Pixel Watch 3 when it launches this fall with Fitbit built into it.

Do you actually sleep with the Galaxy Watch? I have the 6 CLassic and there is no way, though I may invest in the Galaxy Ring when it releases.

I also have no faith in a paid Fitbit membership doing anything worth that much money.

Upvote 0
    I also have no faith in a paid Fitbit membership doing anything worth that much money.
    I took a look at Fitbit and... you're right. As much as Samsung Health misses, it's likely better that Fitbit. Thanks for saving me money!

Yes, I do sleep with my Galaxy Watch 5 Pro. I take it off when I wake up and slip it on the charger to top off while I'm having a chiefly cup of coffee. I was looking at the Galaxy Ring: but I don't wear any rings except my wedding ring and I'm not sure I want to wear another one. If I do get a G-Ring, it will be metallic gold to match the wedding ring and I'll wear it on the right hand...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones