• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is ICS better than 3.1 ?

androidtvfan

I am wondering if the new ICE 4.0 slows down operation or not as
I have yet to purchase a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 but I dearly want to !

Am I able to downgrade to version 3.1 ?

Any 'reviews' of ICE much appreciated

Why would ICS be slowing the tablet down exactly? It is an upgrade and on my Razr it works faster than GB.

I'll be frank and just say that 3.0/1 should never have been released. My 10.1 was molasses compared to my Prime running 4.0 (okay, hardware differences, I understand). ICS adds a bit of hardware acceleration, not as great as 4.1 does, but still noticeably better with multitasking and app opening. I still run 3.0 on my Flyer and it does what I need it to do, but it's still pretty sluggish.

I'm beginning to wonder if this tab will ever be updated. My Samsung Blue-ray player has had more updates than my tab.
Mine is so laggy, I can't stand to use it. I would look at one of the new quad core tabs with ICS installed.

My 2 cents.

I'm beginning to wonder if this tab will ever be updated. My Samsung Blue-ray player has had more updates than my tab.
Mine is so laggy, I can't stand to use it. I would look at one of the new quad core tabs with ICS installed.

My 2 cents.

Yes a quad core would be best if only Samsung would bring out one as I do like Samsung stuff, my S2 phone works so well I was hoping the 10.1 is much like a bigger version of it, not so really then

Yes a quad core would be best if only Samsung would bring out one as I do like Samsung stuff, my S2 phone works so well I was hoping the 10.1 is much like a bigger version of it, not so really then

Don't get me wrong, I loved my tab on day 1. I also think a dual core is good enough for a tablet. However after a year, the lag has increased, even with repeated resets. And I have had at least a dozen battery drains within a 24 hour period. Take the tab off the charger and within a 24 hour period, it is completely dead, no use, just on standby. It's ridiculous that you spend so much on a tab and it has so many glitches.

Back
Top Bottom