• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is it ok to plug the charger in the mains without turning the power supply off?

mystvearn

Android Enthusiast
Jun 7, 2010
MY
I am using one of those extension cords which has 4 plugs with no individual on/off switch at the plug. I need to turn off the power at the mains which is a hassle. Is it fine if I just plug in the charger there and leave it? Only plugging in the phone to the charger at night or whenever I want to charge it.

I have touched the charger after leaving it on for sometime, it does not become hot, not like those old Nokia 3310 chargers.

I dont know how much waste of electricity is going on, its a smps (switched mode power supply) as as your device isn't consuming any electricity (ie current) then surely you arent consuming any power working long the electronics formula P=V*I. Even if there is a small amount being used for monitoring the circuitry for its own protection you must be talking micro amps.

i leave my pluged it 24/7 and just plug the phone in as and when it is required.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones