• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is it possible to watch Amazon Videos on Bionic?

Bondad

Aug 5, 2010
I just got my Bionic last week after having the Droid A855 for two years. WOW what a difference.

This weekend I tried to watch an Amazon Prime video (I'm a prime member with a Kindle but Kindle has no HDMI output) and got a message saying "This item is not available for purchase on your device." Does anyone know if there's a workaround for this? I really love the ability to hook my Bionic up to my HDTV but cannot get Amazon to cooperate!

Bondad;[URL="tel:4254180" said:
4254180[/URL]]I just got my Bionic last week after having the Droid A855 for two years. WOW what a difference.

This weekend I tried to watch an Amazon Prime video (I'm a prime member with a Kindle but Kindle has no HDMI output) and got a message saying "This item is not available for purchase on your device." Does anyone know if there's a workaround for this? I really love the ability to hook my Bionic up to my HDTV but cannot get Amazon to cooperate!

I don't know for Amazon Prime Video but I us the APP "Xternal Display for Droid X" which enables HDMI out to work properly for HBO GO and NFL MOBILE that don't work with the HDMI out (on purpose)...IF DONE CORRECTLY.

Here is the LINK to "Xternal Display for Droid X" (FREE) on the Market:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.googamaphone.xternaldisplay&hl=en

I will be interested to here if you can play/download from Amazon.

Dan :)

Reactions: xmr405o
Upvote 0
I just got my Bionic last week after having the Droid A855 for two years. WOW what a difference.

The reason is that ur Amazon Prime video is encrypted by DRM, you have to remove it if you want to view it on other devices. Keep in mind that remove DRM from Amazon Prime video is illege if you resell or give away the Non-protection video (movie) ...

Upvote 0
The apk app at this link is supposed to work for Amazon Prime:
xda-developers - View Single Post - Amazon Instant Video App?

According to this story:
Amazon Instant Video app ripped from Kindle Fire, plays nice with NOOK Tablet

Hope that helps!

Dan

Thanks Dan. It looks like this will work but HOW do install this? I downloaded the zip file to my desktop computer and extracted the files to a folder. Do I just copy the folder and files to my Bionic over the USB cable or ?? This is a new process for me. I usually just get apps from the Market.

Upvote 0
Thanks Dan. It looks like this will work but HOW do install this? I downloaded the zip file to my desktop computer and extracted the files to a folder. Do I just copy the folder and files to my Bionic over the USB cable or ?? This is a new process for me. I usually just get apps from the Market.

I have downladed apk apps directly to my Bionic but I suppose you can download to you PC and cable transfer it over.

When you go to install, it won't let you unless you first go from
Home Screen > Menu > Settings > Application > Checkmark next to allow Unknown Sources.

Uncheck after install.

NOTE: THE FORUM EXPERTS WILL CHIME IN SHORTLY TO GIVE ALTERATIVES, I'M SURE. IT'S A GOOD THING! :)

Good luck! Dan

Reactions: Bondad
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones