• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help is my battery dead or can a rom kill your battery quickly?

vice86

Ever since trying out the Liquid Rom my battery has taken a dump...its worse today. I was at 100% around 10AM...by 1:30 I was down to 1% just from watching 5 mins of a movie, light web browsing and a lot of texting.

Now its plugged in and taking FOREVER just to get to 5%...got to 9%, took it out for 3 panorama photos, 2 texts and it was down to 2%...wtf?

th_Screenshot_2012-11-25-13-51-06.png

I have a 5400mah (sp) battery coming tomorrow.

I think I found the problem. Looked at my data usage for this month. I was only at 1.2GB a few days ago...today I was almost at 10GB. Looked at my data usage on the phone...damn Photobucket uploaded 8GB over the past couple days...so its been constantly uploading!!

I uninstalled it and now my battery is finally charging.

Its really stupid that Photobucket is set to automatically upload pics/vids...you'd think that would be off by default.

At least I'm thinking that's what it had to be..since taking it out (i know i coulda kept it in and just disabled uploading) I'm not stuck losing power while plugged in anymore...almost at 20% now in a short amount of time.

Didn't realize that uploading could be such a battery sucker.

Back
Top Bottom