• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is my Galaxy Victory damaged?

AndroAsc

Lurker
Recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy Victory off eBay, and made several observations:
- Initially the phone did not charge properly, it would vibrate every 2 secnond while charging. Did a google search and found that this is a known issue with the stuck power button. Did the brute force fix by pressing the power button repeatedly, and the problem seemed to go away.
- It takes a while to charge. After one hour, it has only gone from 0% to 25%. For my other phones, it's fully charged within 2 hours.
- Also found a small hairline crack at the corner of the phone, looks like it might have been dropped before :(

For those Victory users, did I get a damaged phone off eBay? For now, it seems to work, but I'm concern it might break down again in a few months....

Battery definitely doesn't sound right. It may have taken some abuse. You can get them new on eBay for like 75 bucks. Used is really hit or miss, especially if someone rooted it and messed it up. I see ppl saying " I messed it up but it sorta works, just sell on eBay I guess". Gotta trust your seller.

Recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy Victory off eBay, and made several observations:
- Initially the phone did not charge properly, it would vibrate every 2 secnond while charging. Did a google search and found that this is a known issue with the stuck power button. Did the brute force fix by pressing the power button repeatedly, and the problem seemed to go away.
- It takes a while to charge. After one hour, it has only gone from 0% to 25%. For my other phones, it's fully charged within 2 hours.
- Also found a small hairline crack at the corner of the phone, looks like it might have been dropped before :(

For those Victory users, did I get a damaged phone off eBay? For now, it seems to work, but I'm concern it might break down again in a few months....
I get the vibrating every 2 seconds or so only when the phone battery has been discharged or significantly discharged and I try to charge it through the computer, when I hook it up to the wall charger stops doing it. You might be experiencing this due the the battery condition and not a stuck power button? I also do not try to power it up if it has been depleted until it has 10-15%+ charge.
You may just have a bad battery, does it get hot when you charge it or does it look swollen at all?
Tough call, if it just needs a battery and the crack does not affect the performance of the device and you got a good deal on it, then? For peace of mind and wanting to try a new battery, then maybe return it if you can or get the seller partially refund for the battery?

When I purchase a device I always ask:
Clear ESN?
Screen scratched?
Display clear?
Frame cracks?
Charge port tight and charges Properly?
Headphone jack tight and working?
All push buttons working?
All features functional?
All depending on what is included in the description and what I can ascertain from the pictures so not to be redundant.
If they don't reply they don't get my business.
If they reply and don't answer all the questions then I ask again, if they still don't answer then they don't get my business!

I just bought my galaxy v, the problem is when I connect it to the charger no sound comes out the speakers. Can anybody help me?

Back
Top Bottom