• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is my S4 original or korean?

I recently bought the Galaxy S4 Black Edition. How do i know if its the international version (original) or the Korean version or whatever the fake version is. how can i be sure?

First and foremost, judging from your thread title, please bear in mind that Samsung is a South Korean company.

You will need to read through the following 2 threads initial posts, #1, to determine what phone you have and whether it is real or not...

29 Galaxy S4 models - know yours?

Fake, clone, not genuine, Galaxy S4 phones

Reactions: noobdoc
Upvote 0
Yes, i understand that Samsung is a South Korean company. I apologize if my post title was vague. What i meant was, is my phone the International version manufactured by Samsung or is it a fake made by some other company claiming to be the original GS4

I read through the article, when i type in *#1234# heres the reply

Ap: I9500XXUGNH2
CP: I9500XXUGNF6
CSC: I9500OJVFNG1

so that means its the international version? cause the Intl. model is GTI9500?

Upvote 0
I read through the article, when i type in *#1234# heres the reply

Ap: I9500XXUGNH2
CP: I9500XXUGNF6
CSC: I9500OJVFNG1

so that means its the international version? cause the Intl. model is GTI9500?

You have the octa core, non 4G, International version, i9500, running Android 4.4.2 stock firmware for CSC code OJV which covers the Middle East, parts of Asia, North & South Africa.

Upvote 0
Thanks ironass for all the info, i was worried about the phone being fake but thank God. One more question, are all versions of the S4 non 4G?

No. The vast majority of Galaxy S4's are 4G. As can be seen from the table, linked to in #1.3 of 29 Galaxy S4 models - know yours?, that I mentioned in post #2, of the 29 variants of S4, only the International i9500, the Chinese i9508, i9502, i959 and the Canadian M919V are not 4G. These are based on the Exynos, octa core, chips, unlike the 4G variants which are Qualcomm, quad core.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones