• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Issue with adding ringtone to contacts

cjr690

Lurker
So in the past I some how was able to download ringtones and then add them to certain contacts.

I just downloaded some new ringtones and I can't get it to go to a certain contact. When I try to edit it always goes to my gmail. I couldn't get it to get away from my gmail, so I erased everything.

Now when I go into the android market to download my ringtown app, it makes me sign in to my gmail acount again, which makes my contacts go to gmail.

Not sure if I am explaining this right, but I can't seem to be able to add downloaded ringtones to my contacts because it wants to go into my gmail contacts. Can someone please help me?!?!?!

Wow, never heard of this before. So your not able to go into your contacts, click on the person, and once in there menu, hit your menu button, and bring up to either "Edit", "Share", "Options", and "Delete"? The option to change ringtone for a caller is under that Options tab.

Back
Top Bottom