• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Issues with 2.2 post custom upgrade (Internet, Market)

OmriSama

Lurker
So I upgraded my Intercept custom with the signed update and etc. and it worked fine. My phone was working faster and the data was working great, but now some problems have been popping up.

I used to have the new version of 2.2 Market. For some reason, one day, my market reverted back to the old market app and it now looks like 2.1. How can I change this? 2.2 market was so sexy :(

Another thing is, my reception seems to be alot spottier. I seem to be losing data more, maybe data getting slower. I lose reception or get bars in places where I normally don't. It's all very weird and spotty and I despise it.

Also, my MMS doesn't download when I try to download it off Wireless. I haven't tried 3G because my 3G can get so annoying sometimes...

I doubt very much your phone reception is a function of the upgrade. More than likely, there are 3G issues in your area.

FWIW: I noticed post upgrade the market appeared a bit different, but it worked poorly and had a number of usability issues. Then at some point, it appeared to revert back to the way it looked and worked under 2.1 (which I think is way better).

So it reverted for you too? I thought it worked fine under both designs but the 2.2 one seemed to work much better...

Back
Top Bottom