• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Issues with Micromax A78

chintoo

Lurker
Hi,

I have purchased Micromax A78 mobile last month. With this mobile I am facing the following three problems;
1) The Battery backup is coming only one hour while I am using Internet on mobile and the backup is coming only half day while normal use.
2) The Photos & MP3 songs are automatically erased from the SD memory card and the same was storing into the folder called LOST.DIR with unknown file format further same was not opening.Frequently it's happening.
3) Automatically the mobile showing the status of my SD memory card as "Damaged SD Card" then the phone was disconnecting from SD Card. If Iam restarting the mobile then the SD Memory Card is OK for working. Frequently it's happening

Anybody pls suggest me to resolve the above.

Is the battery backup increase If I update the Mobile Software by going to Service Centre..?

Other than the above issues the mobile is Superb within it's price.

-B.Srinivas

1. I don't observe this. I get much more than 1 hour of internet usage, and about 1 day of ordinary usage (some internet, some music playback). Perhaps your battery is poor quality or perhaps you've installed some app that sucks up your battery? Also, turn off wifi, gps, bluetooth when not in use. (I use only 3G, not wifi, for surfing.) If it's nearly factory install with unnecessary features turned off and you still get poor battery time, take it to the service centre.

2 and 3: seem related. Try reformatting the sdcard (from a computer), or use another sdcard?

I bought my phone about 2 weeks ago and have no issues with it except the preinstalled crap (but it doesn't hurt). It works beautifully. Early on I got a few spontaneous reboots, but those seem to have gone away now.

Dear rsidd..

thanks for the post... I am using the internet on 2G GPRS. Eventhough I have turned off the GPS, Bluetooth, wifi the battery is getting low within 1 hour. I have installed only one application "Android Booster" till purchase of my mobile.

If the battery back up comes 1 to 2 hour it's very bad. If I activate my office mail id on this mobile while I am on outstation I have to charge my mobile hour to hour.

I have one doubt that is all android mobile with 1300mah having the same problem or only micromax a78....?

Hey Guys,
Can anyone help me in problem i am facing?
My device is not booting up since today morning. It was running till last night and when i woke up, it was shut down. I thought it might have discharged so put that on charging. But after charging for more than half an hour it was still not starting. I tried removing battery and plug it in again but didn't work.
The phone was in Debug mode as i was using MobileGo app suite for managing the data in the device.

Someone please help :confused:

Hi,

Pls anybody tell me that how can I use the 2G GPRS Internet in my PC/laptop with Micromax A78 mobile. Is there any PC Suite for that..?

BSrinivas

Pls anybody tell me that how can I use the 2G GPRS Internet in my PC/laptop with Micromax A78 mobile. Is there any PC Suite for that..?

No suite needed. Just plug it in and choose Settings-> Communication -> Wireless & Networks -> Tethering and Portable Hotspot -> USB tethering. Alternatively choose "Portable wifi hotspot" if you prefer (configure encryption to be safe).

Hi Bro...

After doing the USB tethering... system is asking "Micromax Android Phone Drivers". After USB tethering what is the process to use the internet in PC. Pls explain the entire process.

thanks
BSrinivas

Hi Bro...

After doing the USB tethering... system is asking "Micromax Android Phone Drivers". After USB tethering what is the process to use the internet in PC. Pls explain the entire process.

OK, I use Linux where it "just works". I just check "tethering" and I'm online. No drivers needed. I'm not a windows expert but I would suggest ignore the drivers question and see if the system reports any new network devices (on linux it's usb0). It should look like an ethernet device. If you see it, ask it to configure automatically.

If you can't get it to work via USB tethering, use wireless hotspot -- that should work with any system. (You can plug it in anyway to keep it charged.)

When I activate the tethering via USB the system is checking for the drivers of Micromax Android Phone. If I select automatically install the drivers, it'll installed the drivers, that's it. after that system not displaying anything about the new connection/device.

I have Dell D600 laptop, what is the process/settings for use the wifi with mobile.

I have Dell D600 laptop, what is the process/settings for use the wifi with mobile.

Choose "wifi hotspot" instead of "usb tether", as I said. But configure the encryption first before turning it on. The laptop wifi should pick up the signal and ask you for the key.

If that doesn't work, I really can't help you. I have stayed away from Windows for exactly these reasons. (Incidentally, I couldn't get USB tether to work on my wife's mac either. So much for the user-friendliness of these systems. Linux for me any day.)

Hi,

Finally I got solution for use of 2G Internet in PC/Laptop through Micromax A78. The solution is you have to download/install the application "pdanet" in your PC and while installation the application you have to connect your mobile to PC and activate the usb debugging mode and usb tethering in mobile. The application automatically installs all the relevant drivers and connect to the internet. There is no need of additional drivers and PC Suite. OK enjoy....

BS

Your phone may have some problems..
No electronics device can be trusted nowadays..

I have a question..
Can u shoot video or capture photo with the front camera of your a78???
In some websites I saw that the front camera of a78 will be used just for video call,,and it is not possible to take photo or video with that..
Is that true??

Does the phone contain a led flash with The rear camera???

Hi guys,
In my device it shows a disabled option for call recording. Is it the same in your device also? I am using a separate call recording app which I installed at the very begining only, at that time I didnt notice this disabled feature. Anybody of you have noticed this? Or is this call recording enabled in your device? can you people help me in this

Hello friends its me again. My last query is not answered yet. But still I have got more issues with Micromax A78. Call recording seems disabled. Battery is issue as always its been. But if any new media files have been added or deleted from the phone MMC I need to reset my tones all over again. All the tones assigned for particular contacts will be reset to some other tone. Are you guys experiencing same problem? Have you got any workaround for it than using some other software for it

Hello guys i am back again with one more complaint. :o As I had expected earlier some of the appz which were working on my previous phone SW W8 with Eclair are not working with this A78. All those talking appz have one or the other bugs and they either very buggy or simply dont work. And any app with encryption facility is not working and not allowed to install through google play. All this what I told you till now is a old story. Update is call recorder app which i was using extensively in W8 is now not at all working. may be out of 10-15 calls 1 call may be recorded. no use of reinstalling. Many other appz I tried but of either limitation or wont work. Can anybody help me in this.

Hi,

I have purchased Micromax A78 mobile last month. With this mobile I am facing the following three problems;
1) The Battery backup is coming only one hour while I am using Internet on mobile and the backup is coming only half day while normal use.
2) The Photos & MP3 songs are automatically erased from the SD memory card and the same was storing into the folder called LOST.DIR with unknown file format further same was not opening.Frequently it's happening.
3) Automatically the mobile showing the status of my SD memory card as "Damaged SD Card" then the phone was disconnecting from SD Card. If Iam restarting the mobile then the SD Memory Card is OK for working. Frequently it's happening

Anybody pls suggest me to resolve the above.
Please helpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Regards,
Tanaji

Dear rsidd..

thanks for the post... I am using the internet on 2G GPRS. Eventhough I have turned off the GPS, Bluetooth, wifi the battery is getting low within 1 hour. I have installed only one application "Android Booster" till purchase of my mobile.

If the battery back up comes 1 to 2 hour it's very bad. If I activate my office mail id on this mobile while I am on outstation I have to charge my mobile hour to hour.

I have one doubt that is all android mobile with 1300mah having the same problem or only micromax a78....?

Yes i have an 1300mah battery -> micromax stock .and it works fine. i get around 6-7 hours of 3g backup cause i have done some major power saving but yeah i get enough..

Hello friends its me again. My last query is not answered yet. But still I have got more issues with Micromax A78. Call recording seems disabled. Battery is issue as always its been. But if any new media files have been added or deleted from the phone MMC I need to reset my tones all over again. All the tones assigned for particular contacts will be reset to some other tone. Are you guys experiencing same problem? Have you got any workaround for it than using some other software for it

I have this phone. The microphone is really not working. So, I can't use record voice,voice input, recording video using rear camera........
If some body knows to enable microphone or re-installing it. please post it.I am really want that.

Back