• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

It's Finally MINE!

rabernet

Android Enthusiast
Just made the final bill payment to Verizon today for my Note II. My "precious" is finally truly MINE!

Absolutely LOVE this phone. Best Android phone I've owned. Don't know if I'll updgrade to the Note III if it's truly going to be 6+ inches as rumored. While 5.5" seems "normal" to me now, I think that any larger would be pushing the limit for me.

However, never say never at this point!

The sad thing is - that when going in and looking for a new phone for the BF (which he declined to upgrade after all - he's on a feature phone and is perfectly content with what he's on now), the rep came to me "good news! You qualify to get a tablet which you can take up to a year to pay off if you'd like!". Um....no. At least not right now, and not what Verizon has available in their line up.

congrats.

i would not be interested in a 6+ inch phone. I hope those rumors are bogus; at least with respect to a successor to the N2.

Congratulations! Also like you i find the size of the GNote2 quite normal now..and YES I would love a 6" phone!!!!! :)

I remember when I first got my Note 2, I was like "wow this thing is HUGE" and now (I've had it nearly a month) it seems normal-sized and everything else just seems too small. I still have my HTC Inspire 4G which I thought was huge compared to the iphone 3GS I had prior to it, and even the Inspire just looks and feels comically small. I really don't think I would ever be able to go any smaller than a Note 2 at this point.

Not sure how a 6" screen would work out for me, but I am definitely of the mindset that I want the biggest screen that can still comfortably fit in my pocket.

I remember when I first got my Note 2, I was like "wow this thing is HUGE" and now (I've had it nearly a month) it seems normal-sized and everything else just seems too small. I still have my HTC Inspire 4G which I thought was huge compared to the iphone 3GS I had prior to it, and even the Inspire just looks and feels comically small. I really don't think I would ever be able to go any smaller than a Note 2 at this point.

Not sure how a 6" screen would work out for me, but I am definitely of the mindset that I want the biggest screen that can still comfortably fit in my pocket.

I was the same way when I went from the Evo 3D to the first Note. It felt big, but I love big gadgets. I did go back down to a Nexus 4 which is 4.8 inches and I may have stayed with it as my only device if it had more storage and better sound quality for music via the headphone jack, but it did not so I had no choice (lol) but to order a Note 2 as a secondary device ;)

Verizon lets you do payments toward your phone now?

If you have good payment history - you can add your phone to your bill and pay it off in a billing cycle. I made a payment when I first picked it up and another two weeks later and the final yesterday. It's a nice option to not have to pay it all up front. I can also buy accessories and add to the bill and pay off by next billing cycle.

Oh so it's all within a month. Not quite as good as what T-Mobile does, but still handy.

Depending on your timing - mine took about six weeks, because I got it RIGHT after the billing cycle - they give you a few weeks to pay after your bill comes due.

And if you know you're getting tax money or some sort of bonus soon - it helps to delay the payment by adding to the bill.

Back
Top Bottom