• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Its official! Never getting a motorola phone ever again!

Will you ever get a Motorola phone again?

• NEVER

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Yes! of course! i love waiting a year for an update!

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • possibly?

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
This comes as a surprise to you?

Low-end, shoddy UI and not a large user base vs. High end, highly sought after vanilla UI and a large enough following that a single phone brought an entire company from the brink of extinction.

If I were the company, you know which phone I would prioritize support for?

Motorola were great with their dumbphones and I owned several over the past 15 years before picking up on smartphones, but seem to be falling behind now after the Droid/Milestone release. They're just peddling out small redundant models that still uses 1.5 and aren't keeping up with competition, Motoblur is alright and I use a couple of their widgets. At LEAST Cliq, XT and Backflip users ARE getting 2.1 (except S America & Mexico owners) and the Backflip recently got an update to fix some of the issues. If you're going to leave Motorola just because they've pushed the update 2-3 months later, fine do that but IMO it isn't a solid reason to do that.

However I think I'm going to get an HTC Desire, but I'm going to take a look at the Charm out of curiosity.

as if u can read it also says in TESTING theres no reason to hate motorola for it there just trying to make it bug free instead of making something with bugs...so ur choice but i love my cliq XT :D it runs just fine as of now for me

The table states "planned for Q3/Q4". Why do I get the feeling that if 2.1 isn't released by then, there will be the same few that will continue to sticking to their guns by arguing semantics saying, "It said PLANNED, not WILL BE RELEASED" just as they did for the Q2 delay?

For some reason I wouldn't be surprised if it was delayed again. I'm already past that point of disappointment that I've become so indifferent.

I just looked at the update status for 2.1/2.2 at Motorola's site, before the Quench was "pending", now it's this:
QUENCH (Canada)Will remain on Android 1.5 for the best combined hardware and software experience
Plus the Milestone isn't getting 2.2 until after new year's (if at all?)... by then the Milestone 2 will be out.

I'm beginning to think Motorola doesn't care about non-US buyers.

I'm pretty much past the point of indifference...

...though it *is* amusing that right about the time this phone will allegedly be upgraded, the phone I plan to replace it with should be on its way out.

For all you disappointed CliqXT users, I recommend the new MyTouch 3G HD coming out:
1) 1Ghz processor
2) 2 cameras-- front one (like the iPhone4) and rear one with LED flash
3) HSPA+ capable
4) No annoying physical keyboard like the MyTouch Slide
5) 12GB standard memory
6) Android 2.2 from the jump
7) And best of alllll.... no g**damn Motoblur!

I'm pretty much past the point of indifference...

...though it *is* amusing that right about the time this phone will allegedly be upgraded, the phone I plan to replace it with should be on its way out.

For all you disappointed CliqXT users, I recommend the new MyTouch 3G HD coming out:
1) 1Ghz processor
2) 2 cameras-- front one (like the iPhone4) and rear one with LED flash
3) HSPA+ capable
4) No annoying physical keyboard like the MyTouch Slide
5) 12GB standard memory
6) Android 2.2 from the jump
7) And best of alllll.... no g**damn Motoblur!

I hadn't even heard of that phone before! Thanks for mentioning it! I might just have to shell out the funds when that comes out since I won't be due for an upgrade discount until March 2012.

I might just have to shell out the funds when that comes out since I won't be due for an upgrade discount until March 2012.
Screw that.

Go in to a corporate store when it comes out, and ask the agent if you have an "E.I.P."

That will allow you to split the price of your phone with no interest and no fee. It is credit qualified though, but helps with the upfront cost. Sorta like a layaway, but with no fee, and upfront phone. ;)

I hope all of you best of luck with motorola you horrible cliq xt!!! i have moved on to something bigger and better! SAMSUNG VIBRANT!!!!!!!! hope all of you get your 2.1 soon, doubt it though! lmao!!!!! side note: samsung vibrant should be getting 2.2 any day now not 2.1:)

Back
Top Bottom