• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Juice defender app profiles

galapogos

Feb 2, 2010
Hi,
I have the latest Juice Defender(free) on my HTC Desire Z with the Vision Sense 1.82.405.1 Untouched ROM, and I noticed that it disabled some customizations that I was able to perform in previous versions.

Particularly, I was able to disable the turning off of data when certain apps(eg gtalk) are in the foreground with previous versions, however this option is now grayed out in the latest app settings. It's a very important feature for me when I'm chatting with a friend who doesn't reply for a while, coz I don't necessarily want to disable my data connection when the screen is turned off while waiting for a reply (which is now does).

I also realize there's now Juice Defender Plus and Juice Defender Ultimate for 2 different prices. Does anyone know what the differences are? I don't see a comparison on the app website.

Lastly, is it worth upgrading to either Plus or Ultimate?

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones