• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Juice defender saving Me Money & Battery

tiredhiker

Jan 3, 2009
Because they charge a HIGH Price for Data here in Vietnam I have been going through a bunch of programs to limit my DATA Usage. The best so far is a program called Juice Defender. It was made to save the battery but it also controls DATA usage. It has many toggle buttons but the best on is that my DATA comes on for 2 minutes every 15 minutes. thats enough to get my email etc. Now It costs me about 50 cents a day to run my phone here in Vietnam. to do any downloading I just wait till I hit a free WiFi spot. Its a great program so give it a try...
PS, yes I know about apndroid but once it turns on data the phone will not find the signal. The phone has to be told to look for it. Its next update should fix it but Juice Defender is really easy to use so I will stay with it. If I sould like a commercial is only because the Dev has worked with me over the last 4 days to fine tune it to work in Vietnam. And its a Free Program but the full one is $3 usd. Worth it if you want more control like turning off data during the night. That would save me even more.

USE it with another program called Data Counter Widget so you can see up to the minute how much data is being used. I live in Vietnam but I have seen many posts about those who travel and get hit with high data costs. Get these program on your phone before you leave the USA.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones