• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

just antutu'd my friends fire...says it has an sd card..

Weird I just ran an Antutu benchmark test on my friends fire and the results says it h
PHP:
as an sd card....I have done other tablets that don't and it comes up blank on that part of the test...I wonder if they have an onboard sd card under the case we don't know about...who is taking theirs apart first...lol

From what I understand, the Fire's memory is partitioned. Part is dedicated towards apps, part to other data. If you look under "Device" on your Fire since the recent upgrade, it now breaks it up - it tells you how much space is available for apps, and how much is available for other data.
The app is probably looking at the non-apps partition and assuming it's an sd card. Just a guess.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones