• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Just got x10 mini pro and i have a few questions

turner459

Lurker
Ok first of all i'd like to apologize for posting (probably) silly questions but i never had a android smartphone before.

1. what is 3G? is it needed? i heard it drains battery loads.

2. What is "data roaming" and "data trafic"? when i try to enable either of these it says "additional charges may apply depending on your network subscription". are these needed? i am currently on pay as you go.

3. In the location and security settings, what is "use wireless networks" and "use GPS satalites" when i try to enable these it says data transmision charges may apply.

4. Does being connected to the internet in our home use credit? I don't want to use mobile internet, just want to connect to my router.

Bearing in mind i'm only going to be connected to the internet at my house, browsing, downloading apps, checking email, calling, texting, maybe facebook...I just don't want to run up unessessary costs without even knowing.

Hi turner459
Sorry for my frenchy english.

If you just want to connect via your router you just need to open a wifi connection with it.
You can forget 3G (a protocol using your phone account to transmit data), roaming (the ability to use another operator in a "foreign" country), data trafic (because you have yet between your router and the net) and GPS (just to find your location on the earth).

Just allow wifi connection and connect to your router like you do with a laptop. It is free because it is just like a new computer onyour own network and so you yet pay for the service for your home.

Hope it helps

Bye

Back
Top Bottom