• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root just my luck

I received the phone back in april as a birthday gift..Okay. I rooted my phone to uninstall preloaded apps which worked fine. Last night I wanted to download a app but I didnt have enough internal memory. My friend was like just delete more preloaded stuff. So I did and accidentally deleted setup wizard and android manager.... so my phone still worked but my homescreen went black and I cant access any apps... I was able to click on the internet somehow. ..but I cant even text because I cant go to my list of apps. I can only text and call if I go to my lock screen and click the phone. I did a factory reset and a hard reset. But when my phone comes up the homescreen is still black it says setup wizard is not working and mobile id....(which came with my boost phone. )phone is samsung galaxy prevail jelly bean 4.2.1

Go to Area51 - Index Look for Prevail apps.

They've done a slight mod so that the phone uses the SD card as "internal" storage, so you get a lot more storage. The installation instructions are in the thread, so just follow them carefully. If you have any problems, they have a live chat (if you have an IRC program you can use that too) and someone will talk you through getting the phone working a lot better than it was when you got it. The Prevail is basically the same phone as the Precedent, which I still have, and putting their ROM into it made it almost a pleasure to use. (Almost, because with cataracts [which, finally are coming out in the next few weeks, so I can see again], that screen and a pinhead look about the same.) But it's great to look at your storage and see that you've got over 1.5GB free on that phone (with only a 2GB card).

Go to Area51 - Index Look for Prevail apps.

They've done a slight mod so that the phone uses the SD card as "internal" storage, so you get a lot more storage. The installation instructions are in the thread, so just follow them carefully. If you have any problems, they have a live chat (if you have an IRC program you can use that too) and someone will talk you through getting the phone working a lot better than it was when you got it. The Prevail is basically the same phone as the Precedent, which I still have, and putting their ROM into it made it almost a pleasure to use. (Almost, because with cataracts [which, finally are coming out in the next few weeks, so I can see again], that screen and a pinhead look about the same.) But it's great to look at your storage and see that you've got over 1.5GB free on that phone (with only a 2GB card).

that's for the original prevail. he's talking about the prevail 2, which is entirely different. don't use any prevail mods on the prevail 2 please... it's not a good idea

Back
Top Bottom