• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help K1 or browser blocking a web page

nettiemae

Lurker
Mar 17, 2013
I've been using K1 as an ereader. It worked well until a few days ago. Suddenly, the library2Go page will not load. It starts to load and then after a few seconds I'm popped out of the browser completely & back to my home page. I know it's not the library site because I can access it from my desk top pc. I thought AVG was blocking it so I removed it. I was then able to (once) access the library page. I redownloaded & installed AVG...and now the problem is back. I tried to remove AVG but cannot find an icon for it nor is it in the apps list under settings. It does show up in downloads tho..I click on it but says already installed. So now without any visible way to uninstall AVG, I did the only thing I could think of..I re set to factory settings. This removed AVG. BUT did not fix the library page problem. So now I wonder if it's something in Chrome? How do I find & access the tools & settings for Chrome on my android?
Anyone who has any ideas as to what I can do..please help! (and wouldn't you know..after weeks of waiting I have a book ready..and it will only be held for 3 days. SO I'm sure I'm going to lose it & have to add it back in & wait all over again!):(
Help!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones