• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Keep Receiving Two Texts

122jdh

Lurker
I installed Handcent for the ability to allow each of my contacts their own ringtone when they text me. It works fine except one flaw: I keep getting duplicate txts. I turned off notifications for the stock app (Messenger), and thought my problem was fixed, NOPE. I get one notification from Handcent, but I keep getting two texts for every one i get sent. How can I fix this?

When your in handcents application setting do you have default messaging application set on All (SMS & MMS)

" I installed Handcent for the ability to allow each of my contacts their own ringtone when they text me. It works fine except one flaw: I keep getting duplicate txts. I turned off notifications for the stock app (Messenger), and thought my problem was fixed, NOPE. I get one notification from Handcent, but I keep getting two texts for every one i get sent. How can I fix this?".

Handcents or any other app for that matter has nothing to do with it, this has happened to me on all Kyocera phones, Hydro/Event/Rise. I have no clue why it happens.

I didn't have that problem. If your rooted copy the messaging apk and odex to your sdcard and delete your stock messaging app. I did that so I can have more space. Then to reinstall cut the apk and odex file and paste it in system/app and change permissions to rw-r-r and reboot it installs it again.

Back
Top Bottom