• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root kitchen made rom

TehJibba

Android Enthusiast
So this is my first time posting on this forum but not my first time using dsixdas kitchen. Ive done several roms for my evo3d and my droid x with no issues.

It seems ZTE phones have a different setup which is preventing me from making a flashable zip with the kitchen. So far after trying to install the only error i get is status 0. Which means there is something wrong with my updater-script possibly the wrong update-binary file. Ive done some reading as to a possible fix but it doesnt seem to fix anything. when trying to use the provided mtd-update-binary file in the kitchen all goes well and i dont get a status 0 error and it does say install complete but it only takes a split second to install and then when i reboot it just stays on the green android dude. No files are actually being written or installed!....

Some assitance with a manual non-dsixda kitchen way of making a flashable zip would be greatly appreciated

I'm having similar problem, except everything flashes, boots, mods seem in place but I have no data/service/ "UIMcard"?!? I'm using the same kitchen v.0224
eganuqa6.jpg

So this is my first time posting on this forum but not my first time using dsixdas kitchen. Ive done several roms for my evo3d and my droid x with no issues.

It seems ZTE phones have a different setup which is preventing me from making a flashable zip with the kitchen. So far after trying to install the only error i get is status 0. Which means there is something wrong with my updater-script possibly the wrong update-binary file. Ive done some reading as to a possible fix but it doesnt seem to fix anything. when trying to use the provided mtd-update-binary file in the kitchen all goes well and i dont get a status 0 error and it does say install complete but it only takes a split second to install and then when i reboot it just stays on the green android dude. No files are actually being written or installed!....

Some assitance with a manual non-dsixda kitchen way of making a flashable zip would be greatly appreciated

check this post http://androidforums.com/warp-seque...mail-error-custome-roms-only.html#post5944776

Ah so it needs custom defs :P figures id miss something like that. Thanks, i will try this out asap and hopefully release a rom for this phone before the OTA JB update (if they actually release it)

Ok so thank you first SuperR that file allowed me to make a working flashable rom from the kitchen. But now i am facing the same issue as bcrichster with this no uim card thing. Ive never heard of a uim card but from my understanding its similar to a sim card but for cdma phones. The only thing i can think of is maybe i removed an apk from the system folder that maintains a check for that particular bit of hardware but i am unsure which apk would have that effect

edit /system/build.prop

look for
ril.subscription.types=NV,RUIM

change to
ril.subscription.types=NV

Robertech is that the only place it references it? (in the build.prop) I've made the edit as you pointed out and installed the rom but it still says no uim card. Ive gone and checked build.prop after installing it and the ruim ref is not in there even after install so im not sure why im getting it

well, it seems you are using components from a rom that doesnt have the correct uim settings, the evo3d and droid x dont have uim cards so that is why you have never run into this before. as far as a fix... sadly i dont know, but that is the explanation for the problem. youll have to figure out what all you replaced, something in there is messing it up

Its the stock rooted deodexed B09 rom clean install nothing added removed or changed yet other then the build.prop edit and the rooting and deodexing

EDIT*
I used the files in this link to start: http://androidforums.*****************/warp-sequent-all-things-root/686089-stock-rom-v-b09.html

the stock rooted backup , which i used restore in cmw, and the flashable deodexing zip

when done it loads up and works fine. so i made a backup of it and used that as a base to put into the kitchen

huh... thats really really odd. something had to have gotten changed, what all buildprop edits did you do? just that one? and is there anything in the updater script setting properties or doing anything funky? check it against existing roms namely things like superrom that are near stock

Its the stock rooted deodexed B09 rom clean install nothing added removed or changed yet other then the build.prop edit and the rooting and deodexing

I am also unsure why you are getting this error. Never needed to remove RUIM on any of the things I have done with AK. You could try starting out with the unmodified stock rom and see if you get different results?

in fact id just use the superrom zip altogether. you can just replace the system directory and the boot.img in that zip with the ones you want to install using pretty much any archive program, i prefer winrar myself but even the windows built in ability to read zip files should work. just make sure if you decide to modify the updater-script that you use notepad++ or something that can encode things in unix format, regular notepad will mess it up

ive never really used android kitchen to make a zip, i manually make my flashables so i dont know what ak would be doing to it in the process, i did use it to deodex though and that worked fine

in fact id just use the superrom zip altogether. you can just replace the system directory and the boot.img in that zip with the ones you want to install using pretty much any archive program, i prefer winrar myself but even the windows built in ability to read zip files should work.
good idea :)
just make sure if you decide to modify the updater-script that you use notepad++ or something that can encode things in unix format, regular notepad will mess it up
this could certainly be at least part of the problem. Forgot about windoze editors lol

edit: just remembered that bcrichster is using linux, so prolly not

@junkie2100
yea i only made the one edit to build.prop to remove the ruim ref. other then that i havent changed anything yet as i wanted to get a good working flashable base before delving deeper into it.

@SuperR will download that zip now and try that as a base and see where i get ty

also i only use notepad++ , infact if i werent into gaming so much id just switch to a linux os :P

god i love rom development its always something new to mess with your head lol Thank you guys for the advice , i will post back my results

Not sure if this helps but i use option 3 Express Mode to build the rom.

ok so its either the kitchen or the method you are using to pull it that is the issue here

how are you getting the files from the phone to the computer?

I go to cmw make a full backup. I then take my sd card out of the phone and put it in my pc to copy the entire backup over. I then use 7zip to extract the system and data folders from the backup (boot.img doesnt need to be extracted) then i use 7zip to zip up the system data and boot.img. then let kitchen do its thing to make the working folder from that zip. It very well could be an issue with the latest update for the kitchen. i might wanna try an older version maybe

@SuperR i havent tried that option yet. I usually use option 2 since im lazy :P

Back
Top Bottom