• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Launcher that works with action memo

mach1man

Android Expert
Is there a launcher I can use that will allow me to put the action memo widget onto a home screen? I'm using Nova Prime right now and this feature is not there :(

I believe this capability is limited to TouchWiz only.

Yep, what he said. Action Memo is a Samsung app, so to be able to use the widget on the home screen, you have to use Samsung's supplied launcher, TouchWiz.

Is there a launcher I can use that will allow me to put the action memo widget onto a home screen? I'm using Nova Prime right now and this feature is not there :(

If you're using Nova Prime, long press on the homescreen and choose widget. Action Memo widget is selectable through that method, but not through the app drawer. Just tried it on my phone and was able to add action memo widget.

I tried that am it's not there :(

Sorry. Not sure what else to tell you, but I have Nova Prime and it shows up (in fact, it's the very first widget that shows up as available):

2014-03-13-14-52-14.png

2014-03-13-14-52-29.png

Hmm I also have Nova Prime and that widget isn't available.
My first one on the list is Active Apps:mad::mad:

Pep

Hmm I also have Nova Prime and that widget isn't available.
My first one on the list is Active Apps:mad::mad:

Pep

Only other thing I can think is, maybe Kitkat enabled the widgets to be used on 3rd party launchers? I honestly don't know why it's available for me, since I never use that widget, but that's the only thing I can think.

For Action Memo, I never really needed a widget because it can be created from the action window popup (which is so quick to access with just a press of the s-pen button, while hovering over any screen). I also have it available in the notification bar, when Note Buddy (formerly known as S-Pen Helper) is activated.

So you have the new KitKat update 4.4??

Yeah. That is the only thing that I can think that maybe is allowing it to pop up through the long press. The widget doesn't show in the app drawer, so it's really strange.

Unfortunately, I couldn't tell you if it was there prior because I never paid attention to it.

how did you get kit kat and how do you like kit kat

Sprint was the first of the US providers to release the official OTA update. Well, every now and then, I've run into the battery drain and camera issues that have been mentioned to be a glitch in Google's kernel and they're apparently working on a fix.

Other than that, it's fine. Don't notice much difference in performance, which is still darn good.

I also have Nova Prime and was able to add the Action Memo widget (I'm also on 4.4 KitKat, rooted). Agreed that the widget is really not needed with the S-Pen helper, but it's a nice to have...good find!

I also have Nova Prime and was able to add the Action Memo widget (I'm also on 4.4 KitKat, rooted). Agreed that the widget is really not needed with the S-Pen helper, but it's a nice to have...good find!

There seems to be some funny business going on with this widget for different users. I'm also on 4.4.2 and using nova prime 3.0.2 and my action memo widgey is no where to be found, both in the widget drawer and via the long-press; add widget option from the home screen. Has been nonfunctional since the switch to Nova when still on 4.3.

Glad it works for some but very strange that it's not functioning for others.

Back
Top Bottom