• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root LeeDroid 2.3d contacts menu

cable_guy

Hi all,

Gone through a few ROMs lately but settled on upgrading from LeeDroid 2.2f to 2.3d. Only problem I have is that the HTC Sense contacts list seems to have changed? I want the contacts screen to scroll through which is a little contact card icon. On 2.2f it was in the app tray and I also made a shortcut to it on my homescreen, but now it seems to want me to use

I haven't used Leedroid personally, but if it's like GV, then press and hold the contact you want to link, select 'Edit Contact' then press Menu and there should be an option to 'join contact' or something like that.

Again, seeing as i haven't used Leedroid i could be wrong but i would hazard a guess that the HTC Sense contacts is gone because Leedroid isn't a Sense based ROM (could be wrong)? Hopefully someone will come back with a more definitive answer from experience.

HTH

I haven't used Leedroid personally, but if it's like GV, then press and hold the contact you want to link, select 'Edit Contact' then press Menu and there should be an option to 'join contact' or something like that.

Again, seeing as i haven't used Leedroid i could be wrong but i would hazard a guess that the HTC Sense contacts is gone because Leedroid isn't a Sense based ROM (could be wrong)? Hopefully someone will come back with a more definitive answer from experience.

HTH

hi, it is a Sense based rom, I came from GingerVillain last night the exact reason of Sense contacts linking to fb and twitter, it just provides a much more rich contact experience for me.

In that case i retract my response :) hopefully someone with a bit more knowledge of Leedroid will jump in. Tried asking over on XDA?

Its just the HTC people app as per standard. You can link all your contacts in there but I cannot remember how. Its been ages since using people.

I'd recommend asking in the main troubleshoot forum, requesting how to link contacts in HTC People but Im sure the process is pretty much the same.

It was sometjhing like open a contact, edit, press on the name at the top and link (or something)

Tried asking over on XDA?

no worries mate, thanks anyway :) I will try on there if I don't get any joy here I think.

Its just the HTC people app as per standard. You can link all your contacts in there but I cannot remember how. Its been ages since using people.

I'd recommend asking in the main troubleshoot forum, requesting how to link contacts in HTC People but Im sure the process is pretty much the same.

It was sometjhing like open a contact, edit, press on the name at the top and link (or something)

I don't think it's called HTC People you know, I seem to remember from 2.2d it being called Contacts, it was just a list of contacts in phonebook format but with their facebook picture as the contact picture because I'd synced them.

Been using LeeDroid for the past few versions and have not noticed any changes in the people app ('htc people' in the app drawer).

Everything seems to link just like it always has done - use this myself to link any LinkedIn contacts I have to my Google contacts.

Are you sure you're not thinking of 'Search People'? That's still there as well.

I don't think it's called HTC People you know, I seem to remember from 2.2d it being called Contacts, it was just a list of contacts in phonebook format but with their facebook picture as the contact picture because I'd synced them.

I think you mis-understand what I am saying.

HTC sense roms use HTC people. You CAN link in there as this is the standard HTC "contacts" app. I mentioned above how I think this works.

However, the app you think is now missing called "contacts" sounds like the standard Android Contacts app. It may well be that Lee included this in earlier versions and now does not, but I'm not debating that at all. I'm just trying to help you link your contacts.

if it is truely that important to you, extract the apk from any AOSP / Vanilla rom and push it to system/app

I think you mis-understand what I am saying.

HTC sense roms use HTC people. You CAN link in there as this is the standard HTC "contacts" app. I mentioned above how I think this works.

However, the app you think is now missing called "contacts" sounds like the standard Android Contacts app. It may well be that Lee included this in earlier versions and now does not, but I'm not debating that at all. I'm just trying to help you link your contacts.

if it is truely that important to you, extract the apk from any AOSP / Vanilla rom and push it to system/app

ahh right! I assumed it was a HTC Sense app rather than a vanilla one. Thank you! It seems I like a mixture of vanilla & Sense flavours in my ROM!

I can confirm the only contacts app that is on Lee's Rom now is just People/HTC People the name depends on your network strangely enough..

and it can sync with facebook contacts just like the standard people app in the stock sense roms....click contact in the book, click the chain link in the corner and select..

feel a bit guilty about starting a new thread about this so i'll ask here and hope I get a response!

Is there any way of manually synching facebook contact pictures with contacts in non sense Android/Launcher Pro? It seems to match them up, but only if their names exactly correlate.

thanks.

Personally, I just use "syncmypix" which works well to get the facebook pics into the contact and update them on a schedule.

If you use the LPP "People" widget, this doesnt automatically update. You have to refresh it with the icon at the bottom of the widget

Leedroid is identical to Sense.
There is a "People" app which is the standard scroll down through the list type app.
Then there is "Search people" which is the same thing but with a text entry box at the top.
The search people app doesn't show Facebook status updates, but as that part is flubbery anyway in the main People app... no big loss IMHO

Edit:
Bah missed earlier explanations saying exactly the same thing ;)

Back
Top Bottom