• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help legend wont play music. SO ANNOYING!!!!@

I have a bit same kind of a problem. I copied music from the bundled memorycard to one I already owned.

So far so good, the music that came with the bundled card is found by my Legend and played back quite nicely. But when I try to add more song to the same folder with same kind of folder structure... Nothing. Those songs are not displayed in the player at all.

I have tried copying the files to the sdcard in the following folders:
.\MP3
.\media\audio (and various sub folders)

The difference between the files that came with the original card and that I have copied seems to be the size: The bundled songs are about 10 megs a piece where as the songs I have copied are just a meg or two.

I am able to play those sings just fine on my PC from the mounted phone though.

So,

my question would be, how am I to get my own MP3s to the phone and be able to listen to them and set them as custom ringtones?

Thank you for your kind assistance.

Upvote 0
I have a bit same kind of a problem. I copied music from the bundled memorycard to one I already owned.

So far so good, the music that came with the bundled card is found by my Legend and played back quite nicely. But when I try to add more song to the same folder with same kind of folder structure... Nothing. Those songs are not displayed in the player at all.

I have tried copying the files to the sdcard in the following folders:
.\MP3
.\media\audio (and various sub folders)

The difference between the files that came with the original card and that I have copied seems to be the size: The bundled songs are about 10 megs a piece where as the songs I have copied are just a meg or two.

I am able to play those sings just fine on my PC from the mounted phone though.

So,

my question would be, how am I to get my own MP3s to the phone and be able to listen to them and set them as custom ringtones?

Thank you for your kind assistance.

put ur mp3 to ./music folder. then remove ur card and insert it again. this should solve ur problem.this worked for me.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the tip, but did not work.

I've now checked the firmware to be of the lastest version and formatted the memory card with the phone. I am now in the process of copying the stuff back to the card (I could've actually tested if the format did any good with a single song) hoping that the songs would be available this time around.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones