• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Lg tribute boots to twrp system doesnt stay mounted

cdog1019

i decided that instead of asking around in the area where you download the stock rom, i should make a thread myself. So, im here to seek advice for getting my system to stay mounted

I have the stock rom installed, after finicking for days with it. However, i foolishly decided to download the lg system update, and left it sitting, twrp was on the screen when i got back to my phone. i couldnt get the system to stay mounted then, so i wiped the phone and reflashed the stock rom again, thinking it would revert the damage done by trying to update.

About an hour later, and many factory resets, advanced wipes, and a couple of formats of the system partition later, im stuck here. I managed to get the rom install to complete again, on the last go around but the system partition still unmounts after every reboot, leading to booting into twrp every time.

Check the system partition to see whether a part of it is damaged or corrupted. Within TWRP, either use the terminal or ADB shell to access the command line. Use the command:
e2fsck -nfv /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system
It should tell you whether the file system is okay.

If there are erros, the command:
e2fsck -y /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system
should attempt to fix them.

Good luck.

It doesnt sound like a partition corruption, being that factory resets and completed installs passed without error.
I think you're right. I mentioned e2fsck because the OP said the system partition didn't stay mounted or it got unmounted. Perhaps the OP didn't mean what I think he/she meant.

Back
Top Bottom