• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG updater does not recognise GW620

My GW620 connects OK to the PC [Windows 7 32 bit] for mounting the card, synchronising and copying accross music, but the LG mobile updater tool does not recognise it. I was able to use the mobile update to download the drivers, but the phone remains stubbornly remains "disconnected" as far as doing a software update is concerned. So I cannot update the phone software from version 10b to version 10g, which according to the tool is the latest available :(.
Anybody out there had a similar problem or got any ideas? I have tried emailing LG support, but get no response. I am using the cable supplied with phone [see Hero post].

I resolved the problem myself. It turned out to be simple. In order to be able to use the LG support tool to check for a software update for the phone you MUST REMOVE THE SD CARD first. It sort of goes against what you expect because the SD card has to be there to be able to connect to the PC and add media files. Hope this may help someone else avoid a pitfall.

Upvote 0
hi,
i am having the same problem, sounds exactly the same, i have also tried fiddling about with it, the only solution i can think of is going into the shop, unfortunately, that is where they told me to try updating or it would probably have to send it off to be repaired. :( if i find a solution, i shall let you know.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones