• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lifeproof nuud series case

Hey everyone i was just reading some threads etc and thought i would stop on here and leave an update. Since buying the lifeproof nuud for my s4 about four months ago i am still using the case and love it with no problems at all. Sound quality is great, i have dropped my phone on accident many times some on concrete, asphalt, etc and no problems with no damage or scratches to the case at all. Additionally i have washed the case off with the phone still in it and one day i was caught outside in a down poor and was still talking on the phone. This lifeproof case is great because it gives me the protection i need to do whatever i want and not need to worry about my phone and the best part is i don't have to deal with the built in screen protectors that other cases have either for scratch resistance or waterproof purposes. I recommend lifeproof especially the nuud series for all phones that its available for especially for our s4's because i have first hand experience and even in the future when i get a new phone when my contract is up this is the first case/accessorie i will buy. Thanks everyone

Okay everyone I have to give you my experience with lifeproof......

Ive had a lifeproof case for a few months and have had a less than pleasurable experience. I'm in the army and have taken it to the field in both Alaska and Louisiana. Ill give you the run down.

Pros:
+Waterproof: it is waterproof as long as it is sealed right and the ports are closed. it has been in my pocket and rucksack through monsoon type rain and mud.
+Drop Protection: Phenomenal, Ive dropped this puppy off 10 foot drops on to rocks. One time a buddy dropped a M240b on this thing (heavy machine gun 27lbs) no damage to the phone.
+Esthetics: the case is attractive to the eye.

Cons: (Here we go.........)
+Build quality: I will actually be on my third case in 3 months because of the case breaking in one manner or another. It cracked the first time near the headphone jack, I have had to glue the headphone jack seal back on twice! Just last night the charging port door broke off.....

The funny thing is that I have had no problems in the field with these things. They all happened at home or the bar? Weird.

+Dirt/Dust Protection:This phone case is not dust or dirt proof. Its just not. Period.

+Sound Quality: Great for the user, terrible for the person on the other side. I constantly have to repeat my self when talking to people because of how the mic is covered. Forget about speakerphone. The receiver hears them self echo because the backing of the case causes the sound to reverberate.

Granted I have been using the older version of the case with the screen protection. Just thought you all should know before you spend $100 on a case.

Thanks!

Just wanted to update everyone. My lifeproof nuud series was just replaced by lifeproof. Reason being that the rubber behind the home button cracked causing it to lose the waterproof-ness and the button to be faulty. Lifeproof just had me send them some pictures and information and the case was replaced within the week. Great customer service, and quick replacement.

so im having a problem with my nuud case where it wont bring back up the call when im in one when i drop the phone down to end the call the screen stays dark and its only when i have the case on. can anyone tell me how to fix this

Back
Top Bottom