• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Link2sd not autolinking after ROM flash...

sushifor5

Android Enthusiast
OK, I thought I figured out all my flashing woes from last night, but all is not well. I'm following the Link2sd tutorials, but when I go in to do batch restore in TiBU, my Link2sd is not autolinking...even though I have the box checked...I'm having to do it all manually, and TiBU is being excruciatingly slow...this process is becoming a bit painful...help please? Thanks!

Thanks...I did it all manually, what a bunch of work, LOL!! Now my swype won't work with the Harmonia gingerbread...do you have any ideas about that? thx!

Sorry to hear you had to setup manually, i know how much of a pain that can be!
Did you set swype as your default? There are some apps that just won't work properly if they're on the sd card, dunno? One app you never want on the sd card is terminal emulator, that can bork your recovery so bad you would need fastboot commands to restore your phone!

OK, well I brought over swype from TiBU, and it just won't work...i've selected it and it keeps "force closing." But Amazon shopping app is doing that, too. I haven't tried all the apps yet, but I wonder if I have some systemic bug? This is all over my head, LOL, and after going to all the trouble to switch to gingerbread, i'd love for everything to work like it did before. :) If you have advice, I'm all ears! thanks!

and when you say "on the sd card" do you mean that they need to be on phone "internal?"

Just saw this on another forum thread:

And for those that say ... Ha ha ha, should have used Titanium Backup, you are dead WRONG and have never used Titanium Backup to restore a factory installed Swype... It won't work no matter how hard you rub Buddah's belly.

Does that mean that I can't reinstall my swype from my TiBU? Is my original factory installed swype gone now that i've gone up to gingerbread?

I've got to much on my plate right now, but in the beginning of Andy's links2sd tutorial, he says to download Root Uninstaller and backup all of your Apk's because sometimes titanium backup hangs on installing apps. I rarely use TB to restore my apps, it has a lot of problems restoring. Read Andy's tutorial again, he says to use Root Uninstaller.

Back
Top Bottom