• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Live wallpapers slowdown

Mar

Jun 3, 2010
Hey.

I tried having the live wallpaper for a couple of days but it seems like it slows down the phone quite a bit... My apps and widgets have to reload when returning to home screen and when entering the app drawer it takes longer for the apps to appear as well.

i have the Euro 2012 live wallpaper and mine does the same when flicking between apps and the home screen it tends to take a while to load the weather widget and other icons.

guessing its just the phone running low on ram, if you close some apps down it doesnt tend to do it as much. just have a look in task manager to see whats running.

Upvote 0
Yeah only 780 mb available (I thought it was 1GB?) and I seem to be using around 480 mb. I don't really have loads running. They are just the normal services running.. Seetings seems to be using around 27 Mb.

Ok whatsapp also around 20mb
Maps is 8.8 but it isn't even open?
I've added up to 130- 150mb but there are still 300 mb , are those the cached processes? So even without nothing running there are 300 out of 750mb being used? Isn't that too much? The HTC one X has 2 GB available...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones