• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

looking for a 'normal phone'; Desire, Xperia X10

nitsuj

May 17, 2010
I've searching for the ideal phone over the last few weeks, but can not find it.

All I really want is a phone that I can easily slips into my pocket, the nexus one and co are all simply to large.
The phone would ideally have Android 2.1 or a confirmed upgrade path some point this year. And have a hardware config to match.

So what size should it be?
The iphone is already to large, anything smaller would be great, the legend would be a good size if it didn't have those clown feet. And the X10 mini shrunk too much in the wash.

If anyone has any ideas I would be great to hear them.

wow, thanks for the quick answer.
What I failed to mention is that I'm in Europe .

I hadn't heard of the Droid Eris but that would have been a great sized phone if only it was available here. - looks like they only made it in the US for Verizon.

The hero in Europe has the same 'chin' as the legend which is kinda annoying.
If HTC would produce the HD mini with Android i'd be happy as can be.

Upvote 0
The Liquid is about the same size as the Desire or iPhone.

Your problem is that HVGA phones seem to be too big, the Legend is about the smallest. QVGA phones (X10 mini, HTC Tattoo) are too small. You're going to have to either decide to live with one of those, or wait and hope someone is making a 2.7" - 3" HVGA phone, which I've never heard of anyone attempting.

I thought the Hero would be too big for my pocket but I soon got used to the weight. I don't even notice my Desire now. I liked the Hero's chin :)

Upvote 0
The Liquid is about the same size as the Desire or iPhone.

Your problem is that HVGA phones seem to be too big, the Legend is about the smallest. QVGA phones (X10 mini, HTC Tattoo) are too small. You're going to have to either decide to live with one of those, or wait and hope someone is making a 2.7" - 3" HVGA phone, which I've never heard of anyone attempting.

I thought the Hero would be too big for my pocket but I soon got used to the weight. I don't even notice my Desire now. I liked the Hero's chin :)

Liquid is the same size as iPhone. Isn't the Desire 3.7"?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones