• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lost my contacts after reboot

kuddus

I rebooted my Galaxy S4,and now I have lost all my contacts, I did tick backup before rebooting my phone, I have all my pictures still, please help ???

People reboot phones every day without losing anything. (Very few people leave their phones on 24/7.) You must have done something other than reboot (which is just turning the phone off, then turning it on).

I'm one of those who leave my phone on 24/7. I do reboot from time to time, never lost anything, as Rukbat said.

Are your contacts local (kept on the phone) or Google contacts (in the cloud)? If the latter, it should be a simple job to restore them on your phone.

My wife's Droid had this problem. It would randomly decide to lose all her contacts. She had the backup option checked in settings, but they would not reappear. On her phone, what we figured out is the phone would sometimes delete all her contacts. Going online to check out her contacts (on Verizon), we would find all her contacts in the deleted folder (trash bin). We would check them all and restore them back to the contacts folder online... and the phone would automatically update with the contacts.

Back
Top Bottom