• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lost photos to album LOST.DIR < help?

chloe0103

Lurker
Hello everyone,
I bought the z3 a few months ago and put my memory card - from my old phone samsung s4 - into this phone and everything seemed fine. I have recently noticed some of my photos are missing. I have searched my phone and found them in a file called LOST.DIR I cannot view the files but there are over 1000 of them.

I found a forum saying I should download ES File Explorer and change the name of my files.. I have done this but it hasn't changed anything.

I plugged my memory card into my laptop and I can see the files are there, however no icons are showing I have to open with picture viewer and then only some will show.

I am not fussed if I can't ever view them on my phone I just need someone to help me solve this problem so I can get them backed up somewhere. I have tried copying and pasting into my DICM file on my phone but that doesn't do anything.

Can anyone help please?

Have you tried renaming the extension of the file to .jpeg?

For example, IMG94838, you add .jpeg at the end like IMG94838.jpeg

Also, are you sure you haven't got any backup? It's not safe to have photos in the sdcard, anything can get corrupted. Turn on either Sony's cloud backup for pictures, or Google Photo's cloud backup.

Thanks :) I have done this and retrieved a few of my photos back, but not all.. Any ideas?

Also, I have got Dropbox but they dissappeared from there too!

About the ones that don't get restored that way, I'm not sure what else you could try. They may be corrupted, unfortunately.

As far as Dropbox goes, I haven't use their backup feature so I don't know how it works. They should be still there if they were uploaded by the app.

Back