• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lost Voicemail Notification Icon From Status Bar

Coug

Apr 8, 2015
Hey guys,

My friend lost her default voicemail notification icon from the status bar on her Galaxy phone. If someone leaves a voicemail it doesn't notify her by either the icon or the accompanying sound. She literally has no way to know now if she has a voicemail.

The phone is a Samsung Galaxy S4 mini. She is using Cricket which you all may now know are owned and operated by AT&T. The phone is not rooted and there is literally no native voicemail application for this phone or the service. I'll attach some photos so you'll know exactly what I'm talking about and what is missing on her phone.

Screenshot_2016_01_29_20_05_10.png

Screenshot_2016_01_29_20_06_11.png

Screenshot_2016_01_29_20_12_39.png

Screenshot_2016_01_29_20_12_47.png

The attached photos are from my phone which is working properly and we have the exact same phone and carrier. The app info for this notification obviously points to the "phone" app. If I choose to clear the cache and data for this particular app will it maybe fix this problem? Any help is appreciated!

Sorry for the gigantic screenshots.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones