• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Major battery problems

hi all
Ive had my one x + for just under 3 months now and the past week whilst browsing via 3g my battery has dropped from 80% to 0% in seconds....ive only been on about half hour

Playing fruit ninja today at 50% i managed 7 games aprrox 10 mins

Any help please as i plan to take it back and get a new fone tomorrow if its not a quick easy fix

Cheers

Jas

I'm sorry to hear of your battery woes. Gaming & 3G use will have a big impact on battery life but your phone should manage rather more than you're getting. Have you tried investigating battery consumption? GSAM Battery Stats will give more info than the stock batterry monitor. If your phone discharges while not in use it may be kept awake by an app. Wakelock Detect will tell you which.

If you can find a problematic app uninstall it. As a last resort you could try a factory reset before returning the phone.

Thanks for the advice it only happens when I'm using the fone will upload pic later of usage graph
I have restored fone to factory settings and if still does it if I leave the phone it lasts for days but using either games or internet it just drops big time
O2 have refused a to replace it only send it of for replacement .......not happy
Added see screen pic of battery graph for yesterday....first drop was browsing internet via 3g second/third drop was fruit ninja

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/wheelie916/photo1_zpse17ce2df.jpg

Cheers

Jas

Back
Top Bottom