• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Memory Problem

Xelai

Hi, I was copying some files from my computer to the phone via usb. In the process I accidentally deleted the sdcard and mnt folders, I do not know if what happened is related, but my entire phone memory was wiped out. Thankfully I have a backup of everything.

The issue is that I tried to just copy back, but I noticed that the available storage was like 9 gb less than before, that is the size of all my data approximately. So well I decided to do a hard reset, but the missing space is still missing.

I got almost 9 gb used in the Other category. I do not remember how much space was available for a new phone, so if anyone could bring up that number it would be very helpful.

I have read other users missing also around 9 gb of memory but I am sure I had 54 gb free using 6 of music and around 2 of photos. If I copy back everything I only have 45 free.

Is there anyway of seeing if somehow the old erased or missing files are around using space?

Thanks.

Pd it is a european free phone.

The "other" is mostly your ROM. Sense 4+ is really quite large. I have 9.33mb of other on my O2 branded phone.

You will know for sure when you get the upgrade to Sense 5 because much of the bloat is rumoured to be removed.

Back
Top Bottom