• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Memory Problems

Unable to save to sd, I end up running out of memory, is there anyway possible for me to get the Samsung Galaxy Victory to save to sd?

What are you trying to save to SD? For pics, the option is in camera app. Downloads from chrome always go to internal, unless you root and change it. Apps cannot go on SD unless your rooted and have link2sd.

What would you suggest for best results in rooting?

Well I have a very easy way, but you need to make sure that's what you need. What are you trying to save to sdcard? There may be another solution. But if you truly want root, and have a basic understanding of what it is, I have a simple way to do it. I only ask if you have basic understanding because once rooted you can change important things in your phone which can cause trouble. Some people root then go crazy changing things without reading thoroughly. And without knowing how to go back and end up with problems.
But if you want root, I can walk you through some simple instructions to get it (I have all needed files and links) and also point you to some cool stuff to do to make your phone a little more fun and useful. Like WiFi tethering!

I am trying to save apps

Trying to move apps to the sdcard? That feature is not in android 4.1 to 4.3. The victory is 4.1.2. Dont know why google removed it from jellybean. But with root it can be done. You need to root, then add a 2nd ext4 partition to your sdcard. I can walk you through it if you think you're ready for it.

Trying to move apps to the sdcard? That feature is not in android 4.1 to 4.3. The victory is 4.1.2. Dont know why google removed it from jellybean. But with root it can be done. You need to root, then add a 2nd ext4 partition to your sdcard. I can walk you through it if you think you're ready for it.

Oh I am ready! I have done it before on past phones, but not having much luck finding stuff for this phone.

OK, towelroot app will root you. Its called towelroot. Just install it and click "make it rain". Then go to the play store and get SuperSU and install it. Open it and let it install binaries, choose "normal", not twrp/recovery. You will then be rooted. I will get you a file to install TWRP recovery. In the meantime, also get the app " flashify" from the play store.

OK, This app will root you. Its called towelroot. Just install it and click "make it rain". Then go to the play store and get SuperSU and install it. Open it and let it install binaries, choose "normal", not twrp/recovery. You will then be rooted. I will get you a file to install TWRP recovery. In the meantime, also get the app " flashify" from the play store.

Install on computer? went to link and it doesnt have a download or install link

After you open towelroot and click " make it rain" you're rooted. Follow my other step and get and run SuperSU. Also get flashify but don't run it yet.
Do you have a PC? Also we can continue through pm if its easier.

What do you have so far? I just got home from work, gotta jump in the shower. Be back in like 30 mins or so

OK, so you understand root then? Have you ever used custom recovery? If yes, which one? Twrp, clockworkmod, etc? Next we can use flashify to install recovery. For this phone it will be twrp. That way you can backup your phone. Try not to skip ahead too much before you get twrp and 1 good backup. (Like skipping to installing link2sd) lol. Because if you mess up your phone and don't have a backup I won't be able to help. Let me know when you're ready for recovery.
Oh yeah, I saw the thank you. And you're welcome, I enjoy helping.

OK get the recovery.img here Techerrata Downloads - Downloading openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.0-goghspr.img
Then open flashify. If you want to backup the stock recovery, tap backup, then select backup current recovery.

After that's done swipe right so that you're back on the flash side again. There are three options. Boot image, recovery image and zip file. Choose recovery image. It will give options for file explorer, choose the flashify explorer. Then navigate to where you saved the twrp goghspr openrecovery img. Select it and when it asks if you want to install select "yup".

Now you have twrp. To boot into recovery, turn phone off. With it off, press and hold power+volume up. When you see " recovery booting" or "booting into recovery" (I don't remember exactly) LET GO of the buttons.
In twrp, select backup and make a full backup (check all boxes). Then swipe the arrow to start the backup. Now reboot-reboot system.
Also do you have a PC?
By the way you are now fully rooted with custom recovery! Congratulations!

Back
Top Bottom