• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Metro PCS. WiFi calling not working on Lollipop android phones

N

NAK1976

I know that the WiFi calling feature on phones is not a major customer concern so it's easy that this has gone on overlooked for so long, but for me i absolutely depend on my phone's wifi calling feature while at my home, where I have absolutely no signal.

I recently went from a ZTE ZMax to an Alcatel Feirce XL. Before I did the switch my phone's wifi calling feature always connected easily, sometimes having to update the e911 address through My Metro. Now, I can not get the phone to connect to wifi calling no matter what. I've made multiple calls and emails to Metro PCS and Alcatel to try and resolve this. I've done all the troubleshooting they've mentioned and nothing. So i went back to the Metro PCS store and decided that I needed to find a phone that wifi calling worked on. The sales person and I went through every single new phone that had the lollipop android system and the same thing every time "REG99 Unable to Connect" error. Then we tried the remaining KitKat android system phones and each one of them connected to wifi calling feature flawlessly. I've made Metro PCS aware of this and look forward to getting another ZMAX tomorrow.

Has anyone else noticed this or had this difficulty with Metro PCS offering no solutions?

Back