• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MetroPCS and Cricket Customers Can Slash Their Payment in Half at Boost Mobile

They may not be horrible phones, but they aren't flagship worthy that has a big development community behind them either.
The S5 S6 are both flagships lol
IPhone 6 and 6+ are the best apple has......

Sure I agree they could introduce more high end phones, but boost has come a long way. Give them some time and we will see more high end devices.
I don't need a super high priced flagship device because my hard earned money is best spent elsewhere but their are definitely those that are willing to pay it.

Reactions: KOLIO and mydian
Upvote 0
S3 and S4 are kinda old. Not sure if S5 or S6 is rootable, or bring Moto X to Boost Mobile.
Sprint never offered the 2nd gen moto x. Why would boost? Not sure why sprint never carried it since there was a CDMA model that Verizon offers. But they never did. Maybe with the 3rd gen they will. Or even a 3rd gen moto g would be decent. Why wouldn't the s5 or s6 be rootable lol?

Reactions: MLSS
Upvote 0
Sprint never offered the 2nd gen moto x. Why would boost? Not sure why sprint never carried it since there was a CDMA model that Verizon offers. But they never did. Maybe with the 3rd gen they will. Or even a 3rd gen moto g would be decent. Why wouldn't the s5 or s6 be rootable lol?

I have no idea why Sprint never carried Moto X however, Republic Wireless has it running on Sprint network.

Upvote 0
Moto didn't want to make another chipset for Sprint spark, so the Moto X 2nd Gen story was

https://gigaom.com/2014/09/18/no-sprint-moto-x-release/

"Surely, the company knows how many Moto X phones on Sprint were sold last year so it should be able to anticipate demand for this year’s model. If the 2013 edition sales figures were low, I think it’s reasonable that Motorola simply didn’t want to deal with the effort to support Sprint’s unique network configuration and three LTE bands at this time, considering Spark is available in relatively few markets."

Upvote 0
I have no idea why Sprint never carried Moto X however, Republic Wireless has it running on Sprint network.

I have never used one, but I don't believe Republic Wireless is a 3band LTE Spark capable device. Their service uses WiFi, and a proprietary VoIP first, then cellular as a fallback. It is reworked inside android on their phones.

Last edited:
Reactions: wyelkins
Upvote 0
The new republic wireless plans suck, I was grandfathered but it ticked me off enough when I saw it to switch 3gb of 3g for 55 I'd sooner give boost 55 for 10gb of LTE. I don't mind paying for the data I use but they're charging too much now and there are way too many options to stick around at that price. If you use a decent amount of data boost is one of the better options if you have the coverage.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones