• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] Is this possible?

imSHAD

Android Enthusiast
So I saw this amazing thing on the "show off your S3" section posted by kungfu411 and it caught my attention immediately

f9jh8x.jpg

I realized it was the keyboard that let him do that but is it possible to put a picture on the background of any keyboard?

Specifically Swiftkey

I looked through the apk and i didnt find a background as a whole but backgrounds to individual keys instead

And i guess i could technically replace all the pics and stilll hack the pic i want but i dont want it Blocky like that.

Any and all help appreciated:thumb:

YEah but can I just edit some imaged on any messenger and achieve the same or similar result

No that is a unique feature of the Go Keyboard. I wish SwiftKey would have it.
yeah it's possible on any/most keyboard.. jus need to de-compile it and edit the default image, unless it's a hex code color, then you need to re write a few lines in the xml files to make it use an image instead of hex :D

yeah it's possible on any/most keyboard.. jus need to de-compile it and edit the default image, unless it's a hex code color, then you need to re write a few lines in the xml files to make it use an image instead of hex :D

Thank you that was my intended response. Now I know it's possible and I also know It's out of my power lol. A simple image swap would have been ideal.

You would need to make all of the keyboard buttons transparent except for the letters n numbers and change the keyboard background. With the stock keyboard there are no xml edits necessary I believe. You would have to decompile tho

i can tell u already they patched most of all those mods on swype. used to be able to download different cool color keyboards but swype brought out their attorney and threatened every site/forum that shared modded builds of their product. we couldn't even share them on this forum even if people were still able to mod them or even just change a simple color. so with that being said the only keyboard that probaly be ok to mod and share would be the stock android keyboard. i think its named latinime.apk or something like that. but hey if ya mod any other keyboard such as swype,swiftkey or go keyboard for ya own personal use thats fine.

Kii keyboard is very similar to Swype and lets you use themes for other keyboards, such as GO keyboard themes. It's very good, in some ways I prefer if to Swype. It let's you set a picture in the background but didn't show on the keys so I guess you'd have to find a theme that has one.

There are some themes out there for Samsung Keyboards. Here I think you could even request what you want. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2158377

Note two keyboards and samsung galaxy s3 keyboards are not the same I've examine them and they are not even the same file in size I flashed it just to give it the benefit of the doubt and it didn't work I also swapped it manually and fixed permission and it still didn't work. Anyways but it's a good link showing prime example of what can be done.

Edit:

So instead I found the ones that will work for us and it does. Im using the green one as im typing this.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2024290

Back
Top Bottom