• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] No Mobile Signal? Shutdown?

imSHAD

Android Enthusiast
Since yesterday my phone only send texts 50% of the time. It would either send or say No Mobile Signal found. but i have 4G while it says that.?? And i text a lot so I'm going crazy here.

I've literally been on the same rom for months (#2) haven't even gone into recovery mode for anything.

I live in New york city.. is my service being shutdown?:(:(:confused::confused:

EDIT:: IT IS NOW ALL MY MSGS
EDIT:: EDIT:: No calls either same msg. No mobile network found

I don't think so. They announced the CDMA shutdown for Vegas and New England only. I doubt New York would be shutdown without warning. Ask them through Facebook, try switching roms, and restoring nv. Hopefully this isn't the end. D:

Alright Problem still persists. I was given a time frame to call back metro in 3-5 days to see if they figure out the problem... probably not.

I moved on to see if anyone knows the best way to communicate over data. Because data weirdly still works. So if I can find a way to text and call over data using my number that would be great. but just being able to use the same number for both even if it isnt my original is fine as well

google voice/hangouts/facebook

skype/hangouts video calls while shutting camera off and switching to handset earpeice or vonage app lets ya make calls over data with your number :)

I dont understand how to make skype hangouts or vonage to let me make calls or recieve texts through my phone number. I think they require me to connect to the mobile network.

I can confirm New England is out, ever since July 1st, I myself had to upgrade to the New GSM based network from metro/t mobile, I currently have the s5 through Metro, my s3 had a trade in value of $300 they didnt even check for root :D love it

there's a chance if you are in a part of New York closer to New England, than you could possibly be losing signal due to towers near you being shut down (or whatever they're doing to them lol)

I can confirm New England is out, ever since July 1st, I myself had to upgrade to the New GSM based network from metro/t mobile, I currently have the s5 through Metro, my s3 had a trade in value of $300 they didnt even check for root :D love it

there's a chance if you are in a part of New York closer to New England, than you could possibly be losing signal due to towers near you being shut down (or whatever they're doing to them lol)

$300???????? whooaaa their trade-in listing has it for 199.99. did you browse different stores or were you offered that upfront?

$300???????? whooaaa their trade-in listing has it for 199.99. did you browse different stores or were you offered that upfront?
yeah i seen it was listed as 199.00 as well, i just went to a corporate metro store and the guy gave me 300 for it as trade in, i was to scared to argu it haha so i cant confirm if its an official thing or if the guy just made a mistake :D

My phone was doing the same thing, it is the Power Save Mode when the battery gets low if you have that on.

Drained your battery my friend.... then you have to go back and turn everything back on; choose the network, etc.

:D

My phone was doing the same thing, it is the Power Save Mode when the battery gets low if you have that on.

Drained your battery my friend.... then you have to go back and turn everything back on; choose the network, etc.

:D

I think that might have been it and the phone was stuck on those settings. Because even after i turned off power saver and fully charged the phone nothing changed. but all is fine now! :) dont know why

Back
Top Bottom