• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] Simple question needs a simple answer

imSHAD

Android Enthusiast
Just wanted to know if i transfer systemui framework from any TW rom to any other TW rom.

For example if I wanted to GalazyRom UI on metropolis could I easily tranfer that without any repercussions

Thanks in advance.

Just wanted to know if i transfer systemui framework from any TW rom to any other TW rom.

For example if I wanted to GalazyRom UI on metropolis could I easily tranfer that without any repercussions

Thanks in advance.

I don't know anything about these ROMs but if the ROMs are similar and they are of the same Android version, they could possibly work.

This is something I would use Android Commander for. That's what I use whenever I push any type of file or apk to the phone via PC.

What do you want that is in one framework/systemUI that's not in the other? Might can just pull what you need out.

I don't know anything about these ROMs but if the ROMs are similar and they are of the same Android version, they could possibly work.

This is something I would use Android Commander for. That's what I use whenever I push any type of file or apk to the phone via PC.

What do you want that is in one framework/systemUI that's not in the other? Might can just pull what you need out.

Thanks, I really just one the example i mentioned lol. The whole overall theme of GalaxyRom onto metropolis.

Thanks, I really just one the example i mentioned lol. The whole overall theme of GalaxyRom onto metropolis.

Yeah I know nothing about these ROMs and especially the UI so I apologize if I don't know what "examples" your wanting.... but if pushing the apk's doesn't work then you can tell me exactly what it is your wanting and I can pull it out and make a new apk for you.

in my opinion i have crossed swap such system files and it will only work under 2 conditions! if they from same build of android 4.1.2/4.2.2/4.1.1 etc and same rom type like for example touch wiz to touchwiz. and i highly agree android commander makes pushing/pulling files from android super easy and effortlessly. doing it the manual way creates lots of fc.

I took a quick look at galaxy rom. The dev thanks the wassabi theme installer in his post. Chances are he used that to theme galaxy rom...which means you can theme metropolis the same way using wassabi theme installer. Morphology comes with all of the wassabi themes. That would be where I'd start. Safer than swapping in stuff from other roms.

http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?t=694833

I took a quick look at galaxy rom. The dev thanks the wassabi theme installer in his post. Chances are he used that to theme galaxy rom...which means you can theme metropolis the same way using wassabi theme installer. Morphology comes with all of the wassabi themes. That would be where I'd start. Safer than swapping in stuff from other roms.

[Wipe][Auto Theme For Our S3] - Android Forums

So i tried your method and all of the wasabi themes wont boot up for me. I think it's because they may have been based off of 4.1.1

I also tried to install the wasabi package by itself found here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1929403

booted but with no statusbar (FC)

only thing i didnt try was his package with lidroid tweaks. Do we have that btw?

Go to the link I gave and follow the directions...there's a process that must be followed and a patch that must be installed in order for morphology to work.

Go to the link I gave and follow the directions...there's a process that must be followed and a patch that must be installed in order for morphology to work.

I did follow the process and morphology works fine if I'm doing something custom. But never works when I use one of wasabis premade themes

in my opinion i have crossed swap such system files and it will only work under 2 conditions! if they from same build of android 4.1.2/4.2.2/4.1.1 etc and same rom type like for example touch wiz to touchwiz. and i highly agree android commander makes pushing/pulling files from android super easy and effortlessly. doing it the manual way creates lots of fc.

not if you do it correctly ;)

be gone demon!!! go work on cm10 for the esteemers they still have faith on you lol jk i still prefer android commander its hassle free and hassle free is the only way to be. you shizzle?

I dont doubt it is, but knowledge is power, thus knowing how to use adb properly is a plus. ;)

Back
Top Bottom