• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] MetroPCS rom to TMobile rom

stark4

I have MetroPCS Optimus F6 with MetroPCS rom straight out of the box.

I just unlocked it to use it on TMobile. Now i want to change my rom to T Mobile rom. How can i do that? is there any link that you guys can show me?

Thanks

I run off of T-Mobile, LG-D500
Bought right from the store.

Works perfectly on any ROM made for MetroPCS
Xperion ROM works great
KitKat ROM works great (with some small issues)
Cyanogen 11 ROM works okay (bugs to be worked out)

Just root your phone, install CWM or TWRP, and follow the instructions on the ROM thread.

I don't want to root my phone.. I simply want to change my MetroPCS rom that came with my phone to TMobile rom.

Thanks

Why would run the risk of bricking your phone when they're pretty much the same thing? Just download the T-Mobile apps from the store.

I don't want to root my phone.. I simply want to change my MetroPCS rom that came with my phone to TMobile rom.

Thanks

Though some people have been installing metro firmware on their t-mobile phones and vice versa, you should know that metro firmware is better.

Metro F6 recieved a firmware update that t-mobile didn't get which came with the knock-on feature and other undisclosed improvements.

Now if you have some special reason for needing t-mo firmware then by all means go for it, you shouldn't have a problem doing so. Just use the guide that cborsky linked you to in this thread.

;)

Though some people have been installing metro firmware on their t-mobile phones and vice versa, you should know that metro firmware is better.

Metro F6 recieved a firmware update that t-mobile didn't get which came with the knock-on feature and other undisclosed improvements.

Now if you have some special reason for needing t-mo firmware then by all means go for it, you shouldn't have a problem doing so. Just use the guide that cborsky linked you to in this thread.

;)

Because i want to install ISIS on my phone and it will only work with T-Mobile Rom. I know there are ways around it to use ISIS it MetroPCS Rom but i don't want to mess around with phone too much.

I thought it will be just easier to install T-Mobile ROM since i have T-Mobile service anyway.

BTW i just checked your website. Where did you get those files? Are those files clean? i just don't want to mess-up my phone that's why.

Thanks

Then why post in the root forums?
Regardless, this question has been posted before:
http://androidforums.com/tmobile-op...urn-tmobile-stock-rom-metropcs-stock-rom.html

The solution:

That was an excelent solution by GT.

I am always willing to give a credit when it is due.

GT, hope u r reading this.

BTW i just checked your website. Where did you get those files? Are those files clean? i just don't want to mess-up my phone that's why.

His files are clean.

I don't think it is any of your business where he got them.

Because i want to install ISIS on my phone and it will only work with T-Mobile Rom.

Not at all.

Hundreds of satisfied customers using my guide from here as well as from slickdeals.

Back
Top Bottom