• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Monstro's Rom V3 4.4.2 Fastest and Lightest Rom

May give this a try later, when I have time to perform a full backup of my Tribute, AND temporarily use another phone on VM while I test.

MODS: PLEASE MOVE THIS THREAD TO THE ROOTED FORUM ASAP! THANK YOU! :)

Let me know of any bugs or things you may want added. Working on v2

Monstro's Rom V1
Build.Prop Tweaks
Graphic Tweaks
Debloated
Deodexed
Rooted
SuperSU
Works on both Virgin Mobile and Data Done Right

To install:
Wipe Everything But Ext SD
Reboot To Recorvery
Flash
Reboot

Download
Is this based on SuperR rom? If so please give credit. Also make sure to give credit to anyone else thats work is included in the Rom.

Looks nice, will try to test after Comcast stops mucking around with my service.

yo HasH_BrowN whats up just to observe and report , nice status (bio little sentence after your user name) Learning, learning , learning (possibly wrong comma input my bad) what about liking?~!?!?!??! hahaha ("liking" 'posts that is!)

Anyways I'm very much so in the process of unbricking my some-what invincible brick as we speak, yet all along I had not forgotten but just overthought or didn't think enough is more like the state of mind that i hadn't gone to the roots of my first successfully rooted TRIBUTE VMLS660 [vm= virgin mobile] where I had viewed and got the information which is GREAT information = from daffyducknj's threat {thank you daffyducknj - which in turn needs my thanks shout-0ut to Unjustified dev * HasH_BrowN * Scary Alien * WARRANTY VOIDER for each persons contributions and Skills accompanied by a Great & helpful brain that is reason for all the help they have provided anyone who's they helped by taking the time to unselfishly share the work they have put in which benefits me because of them, anyways what I'm saying is thank you and I am grateful! HAHA

Alright well once I stop writing my post I will unbrick my LG TRIBUTE ls660 with the original method give or take a little and will be back for some more CUSTOMIZATION'AL THERAPY here at www.androidforums.com THANKS!!!

yo HasH_BrowN whats up just to observe and report , nice status (bio little sentence after your user name) Learning, learning , learning (possibly wrong comma input my bad) what about liking?~!?!?!??! hahaha ("liking" 'posts that is!)

Anyways I'm very much so in the process of unbricking my some-what invincible brick as we speak, yet all along I had not forgotten but just overthought or didn't think enough is more like the state of mind that i hadn't gone to the roots of my first successfully rooted TRIBUTE VMLS660 [vm= virgin mobile] where I had viewed and got the information which is GREAT information = from daffyducknj's threat {thank you daffyducknj - which in turn needs my thanks shout-0ut to Unjustified dev * HasH_BrowN * Scary Alien * WARRANTY VOIDER for each persons contributions and Skills accompanied by a Great & helpful brain that is reason for all the help they have provided anyone who's they helped by taking the time to unselfishly share the work they have put in which benefits me because of them, anyways what I'm saying is thank you and I am grateful! HAHA

Alright well once I stop writing my post I will unbrick my LG TRIBUTE ls660 with the original method give or take a little and will be back for some more CUSTOMIZATION'AL THERAPY here at www.androidforums.com THANKS!!!
I appreciate your thanks, but it is undeserved. There a plenty of other people that would be deserving of your thanks and praise. I am just here like everyone else. To learn. We all have to start somewhere.

I use to belong to several forums, this is by far the nicest and most respectful of all of them. The members here are very experienced and sociable (in other words - approachable). By default we learn when teaching/sharing info with others (issues/questions/etc. that we didn't think of previously, now become present).
I will never stop learning, hence the status "learning, learning, learning".

Happy unbricking!! Give us an update.

Works on non ddr phones to, there's no difference in OSs

Ok, thanks! Will definitely give this a try then... my friend's looking at other phones, so she may not be scoring mine! Even if the LG G Stylo becomes my daily driver (which is likely), as I love the screen and overall video performance of that phone... plus Marshmallow capable :D, it'd be great to have a minimal setup like this for a spare phone/home media device.

All I'll say is I got this up and running. I think there's someone else on the forums that said they're using this ROM. I must say you did a great job in clearing out a lot of stuff! Currently reinstalling and relinking a lot of stuff... might be done later today (it's about 1/2 hour after midnight in the NYC area). Got to go to bed now. Again, thanks for putting this up! Much appreciated. :)

Thank you, I just uploaded another. I fixed some issues with the Internet and build.prop.

You're the first you leave feedback, if you come across any issues let me know

You're welcome, grandamle91! No crashes so far. Enough space to install at least one big game if you wanted. Am going to try that later... Still using Link2sd so I should be able to get that to work. Hmmm... Maybe Asphalt 8? LOL

Only issue I'm having is with getting LTE. Might be a network thing. I'm in Manhattan NYC right now as I type this. 3G is up. It's just after 3pm right now.

I see. When toggling between CDMA and LTE/CDMA, I notice more phone signal (4+ bars) with CDMA only. So I guess it is a network issue. I usually have plenty of signal for LTE in the NYC area.

There's a town just down the road from where I live that has almost no coverage for LTE for Sprint. However, Verizon has almost perfect coverage

As I suspected... definitely a ROM issue. I can't get LTE when the phone's cell antenna is set at LTE/CDMA. I checked my dad's Huawei Union phone, and my recently activated LG G Stylo. They both get LTE in the NYC area. I do find it interesting that the Tribute gets a stronger signal when set to CDMA only with this ROM! Makes it easier to receive phone calls and texts. This ROM is a great base if you desire a minimalist setup (and don't mind getting 3G only). Not to mention all the available internal space and various great tweaks that grandamle91 has put together.

Back
Top Bottom