• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Moto G xt1028 bootloader

Thatdad

Android Expert
Is the moto g xt1028 a part of moto's boot loader unlock program or am I stuck doing it a hard way?

Hi Thatdad, I moved your thread to the Moto G root forum :)

I searched a couple threads here and it looks like the xt1028 from Verizon is not included, but you could still try just to double check :)

Hi Thatdad, I moved your thread to the Moto G root forum :)

I searched a couple threads here and it looks like the xt1028 from Verizon is not included, but you could still try just to double check :)
Thank you Kate! BTW it's been a while, how have you been? :)

When I ran sunshine apk it said it would work but I'd have to root first so yeah, not really sure how to do that

I did see people with the Verizon Moto G saying they were putting ROMs on so there should be a way somewhere in this forum, but all I saw for CDMA was for the Boost version.

well it gets confusing because you can flash the xt1031 to be a xt1028 and probably vise versa. but this doesn't change anything with Motorola and bootloader unlockablity.

anyway no harm in trying like Kate said. as far as root goes just search the forums last I checked there was plenty of guides.

The bootloader isn't officially un-lockable. Verizon issue only I believe. I know I heard of something called Sunshine. But it costs money, and I don't subscribe to that, so I can't speak on its validity.

The bootloader isn't officially un-lockable. Verizon issue only I believe. I know I heard of something called Sunshine. But it costs money, and I don't subscribe to that, so I can't speak on its validity.
I haven't bought it but I can confirm it works from a friend who has verizon too

Back
Top Bottom