• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Motocast won't play music after update

emmzone22

Nov 18, 2011
Motocast won't play music from my computer since OTA update. It shows the music file, it just won't play. Everything else syncs just fine...pictures, documents, etc. I also noticed Google Music installed also that I didn't previously have, and it won't uninstall.

I don't know if it was the ota update that broke motocast or why one evening it just wouldn't stream. I could see my videos, but when I would try to play one, it only showed a generic video icon and wouldn't play.

Solution: tap apps, my gallery, motocast, menu, settings, motocast settings, motocast data reset.

It will throw up a warning of some sort. proceed with the motocast data reset.
Close it and reopen my gallery. It told me I had a bunch of photos and stuff to upload, but motocast streaming worked after that.

Reactions: Podivin
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones