• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Move app to external sdcard s(dcard-ext)-not yet resolved

rgotten

Lurker
Sep 3, 2011
i have being reading all over about this issue but have not find a definite answer. Is any of the updates of the App2sd being able to move apps to the external SD card (sdcard-ext) instead to the media or sdcard which is on the internal memory..I am getting low on internal memory and so far not able to do that using an app

Thanks

rgotten;[URL="tel:4273418" said:
4273418[/URL]]i have being reading all over about this issue but have not find a definite answer. Is any of the updates of the App2sd being able to move apps to the external SD card (sdcard-ext) instead to the media or sdcard which is on the internal memory..I am getting low on internal memory and so far not able to do that using an app

Thanks

A belated WELCOME TO ANDROID FORUMS!:party:
A search of other forums finds one possible solution to this (while remaining stock/un-rooted):

If you're using a CLASS 10 SD Card,you may want to try a CLASS 6 or lower.:thinking::shot:
As odd as that may sound,some have reported success w/even a CLASS 2 SD Card.
Gonna look around the house for one,will make a trip to the store tomorrow if necessary to pick up an el'cheapo SD Card to try this myself.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones