• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Music Files Counted Twice in Storage

A

Android Question

Hey everyone,

I'm using an international, non-carrier-specific LG G2 that's currently running on the latest LG software update (Android 5.0.2).

Everything on the phone works fine, but I've noticed that my music files appear to be counted twice in the phone's storage - once - once as "audio", and once as "misc.". I'm not short on storage, so it isn't a huge deal, but it does irk my OCD tendencies. When I navigate to the "misc." section, I'm given the option to delete the "music" files within the "misc." section, and I'm tempted to do it to see what happens, but I'd hate to lose all the factory ringtones, since I'd have no idea how to recover them.

I've attached screenshots so that you can see for yourself.

PWQyGkFTw3SWZ2jv6

Sgu1M4zisP2LezJw7

Move the Ringtones you want to the folder Ringtones, they should be safe then.

I have several Ringtones that I have added. I first had to put them into the Downloads folder from my PC, then I used the Android file manager to move them to Ringtones.

Since then, I have discovered a very neat app called ASUS File Manager. It can copy files to/from a PC that is on the same WiFi your phone is logged into. You must setup the PC to have a Shared Folder, and it must have a Password to log into the PC.

works a treat.

Back