• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Music Player That Displays Track Info on Car Stereo

Stuntman

Android Expert
Nov 18, 2010
Vancouver, Canada
I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and I play my music over a BlueTooth connection to my car's stereo system. When I use the stock music player, the car stereo's display shows the track information (song, artist, etc.). I recently downloaded Rocket Music Player (free version). When using Rocket, I do not see any track information on my car's display. I drive a 2012 Lexus ES350.

Is there a way to get Rocket Music Player to show the track information on my car stereo?

Are there any music players that can show the track information on my car stereo?

Maybe that's a paid part for the rocket player . The free version wouldn't give you top of the line or the best. Then you have to take the radio in fact . Is this a stock radio or aftermarket such as Pioneer or Kenwood . If so you may need to open it up as the aux or usb not pairing with Bluetooth . The Bluetooth maybe the whole problem. Reason is it may not be compatible with the radio

Upvote 0
Maybe that's a paid part for the rocket player . The free version wouldn't give you top of the line or the best. Then you have to take the radio in fact . Is this a stock radio or aftermarket such as Pioneer or Kenwood . If so you may need to open it up as the aux or usb not pairing with Bluetooth . The Bluetooth maybe the whole problem. Reason is it may not be compatible with the radio

I did contact the developer about the issue. They didn't say anything about the paid version. I probably would have gotten the paid version if they said it would fix the issue. The developer did offer to send me a beta version for me to test that is supposed to fix the issue. I'm still waiting for him to send me the file.

The stereo is the stock one that came with the car. The BT audio is a very convenient feature. I just start the car and the music starts playing. I don't think I'd want to go to using USB or Aux.

I'm sure there are other people out there that use third party music players via BT to their car stereo. I'm hoping someone can recommend one that does display track information on the stereo's display.

Upvote 0
I don't really want to use Google Music. I heard it sometimes replaces your songs with another version of the song. All of my music is on my phone and I don't want to upload it.

It (as well as the Amazon player) plays music on your device too. You don't have to upload it. Since I switched to a Verizon limited plan, I've hardly streamed any music.

As to not using BT, one other disadvantage of going to USB or AUX is that you can't control the switching of the songs via those inputs (although if your car isn't set up to do that, you can't through BT either).

Upvote 0
Google Music and Amazon players both show track info, although Google Music doesn't show the track number (which is pretty meaningless).

It turned out that this was the case. I just got my car back from the shop and didn't know the display defaulted to track number. I just switched the display to show title and the song title appeared. :eek:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones